Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Very pretty LX body with FA-1 finder and M 50/1.4 in dedicated LX case - REDUCED !!!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
A very pretty LX body with FA-1 finder and M 50/1.4 in dedicated LX 'eveready' case

Asking Price
229.00 USD

Item Location
Massachusetts (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale is a very fine LX body with FA-1 finder, with an M 50/1.4 lens, both in a dedicated LX 'eveready' case. This is my backup LX, which has not seen much use over the years. [My prime LX, on the other hand, while it's in good shape and works very well, is not nearly as nice looking as this one.]

The LX body and its FA-1 finder are in a really fine cosmetic, mechanical, and electrical condition.

If you examine the images below carefully, you will see that there are almost no visible defects on the body or the finder. There is not any brassing either. [You'll have to use this body more than I have to put your own brassing on it.] About the only cosmetic defect that jumps out at me is some scratches on the edges of the finder window. [These scratches are not on the finder's glass window itself, but are on the black "frame" around it.]

The bottom of this LX still has the protective "colorforms" plastic sheet present on it, and any apparent white-ish "defects" in the bottom surface of the body that seem visible in one of the images below are "bubbles" (so to speak) in the plastic (where it has slightly lifted away from the body itself). [The actual black bottom surface of the body (underneath the plastic) is still virtually without any significant defect, and, if the next owner wanted to, the plastic could simply be peeled off to expose the pristine surface underneath.] This really is a gorgeous LX body.

Furthermore, the LX works perfectly (as of the last time I tried it out just recently). [Most specifically, there is NO (as in ZERO) evidence of any "sticky mirror syndrome" whatsoever.]

The M 50/1.4 lens is in good shape, although you can see (looking at its aperture ring), some visible signs of use (as it was used on other bodies as well), and I would say that the lens is not quite as pretty as the body and finder are. Nonetheless, it does seem to be in excellent optical and mechanical shape, and it comes with its proper front cap.

The 'eveready' case is still in excellent (although not perfect) shape -- the leather is still nice and supple, but there are just a few "scuffs" on it (please examine all the images below).

Thanks for your interest in this pretty LX kit.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Item may be returned within 7 days if DOA or if not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by fwcetus; 08-10-2016 at 01:12 PM.
08-08-2016, 08:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Reduced in price !!! :-)

Last edited by fwcetus; 08-08-2016 at 10:13 AM.
08-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 34 (100%)
This is a phenomenal setup. Someone buy this, please, so I don't have to end up with 3.
08-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
The ER case alone is worth a bid, and you get a nice fast 50 and one of the two or three best 35mm film cameras ever built as part of the bargain.

I don't have room in my camera drawer. Please, I'm supposed to be selling stuff.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-11-2016 at 01:24 PM.
08-11-2016, 06:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
ahhhh the want is high....

---------- Post added 08-12-2016 at 12:44 AM ----------

caved in, PM Sent.
08-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Haha I was going to wonder how this is still here! Congrats!!
08-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
SOLD !!! Thanks for everyone's interest.