Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Original Poster
Lowered prices.

10-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I had an inquiry for shipping outside the USA boundaries. I will be happy to consider it but please understand the cost to ship outside the country is high from the US. If you are interested send me your address when you send your inquiry so I can use this to estimate the cost of the shipping.
10-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
400mm price drop
10-18-2016, 10:49 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
Ooo... tempted by the FA35.. hmm... checking sofa for funds...

11-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dirtistasty2 Quote
Ooo... tempted by the FA35.. hmm... checking sofa for funds...
Sofa must be empty! LOL. Still for sale - however I am thinking about pulling this off the market since I have a GX-1 now to use it on.

AF 400 still for sale. Remember that despite some coating damage inside the lens from fungus that was removed this lens has been CLA'd and is great working condition. Even before removing the fungus the lens was useable albeit a bit low contrast.

This is a super lightweight 400 - l think a good starter lens for someone wanting to develop their long lens skills - get your tripod or hand hold technique worked out before you spend a mint on something. Find out what 400mm will reach before you spring for the 150-450 for example.

Just a thought...

Of course I may just have to keep it to use on the GX-1 also... 800mm f/5.6 might make for some fun moon shots.
11-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 84 (100%)
I believe there will be a few nights when there will be a super moon this month so this is a good time to get this lens. It will be fun with a Q body too if you have enough patience to look for the moon via the LCD.
11-02-2016, 01:19 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chiepapi Quote
I believe there will be a few nights when there will be a super moon this month so this is a good time to get this lens. It will be fun with a Q body too if you have enough patience to look for the moon via the LCD.
That is where a spotting scope might help. I've no idea if you can mount a red dot finder on a Q easily but I have seen some flash mount options. With my 1200mm Dobsonian (8") I used a red dot and planned to add a green laser to it as a finder. That helps immensely.

11-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 148 (99%)
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
you can mount a red dot finder on a Q
I glued one on a flash mount took from a broken flash. The red dot finder has its own adjustment so I was able to calibrate it to align the red dot and viewfinder. Very helpful for Q.
But... super long lens on Q for moon is very challenging: the moon moves so fast and before the vibration, caused by your hands when focusing, goes away, the moon moves out of frame. I have a pretty stable tripod.
11-03-2016, 06:46 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
I glued one on a flash mount took from a broken flash. The red dot finder has its own adjustment so I was able to calibrate it to align the red dot and viewfinder. Very helpful for Q.
But... super long lens on Q for moon is very challenging: the moon moves so fast and before the vibration, caused by your hands when focusing, goes away, the moon moves out of frame. I have a pretty stable tripod.
That makes sense, using a dobsonian telescope you have to adjust positions frequently in the same way. No polar mount, left/right, up/down... The moon's position changes quickly.
11-11-2016, 10:37 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sigma AF 400 has been sold.