Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
[SOLD] Pentax Gear, Must Look!!

I am placing what is left of my current Photography gear up for sale.

(1) Pentax K10D + Extras!! -- $620.00

Camera is in EX+ condition, and has been very well taken care of, with ~7257 (last picture number) actuations. Includes: KatzEye split prism/micro prism focusing screen w/ rule of thirds lines, OP/Tech Strap, a generic wired remote, and a 2GB SanDisk Extreme 3 SD Card. Also, minus the standard focusing screen, all original manuals and accessories are included. Shipping weight appx 5lb.

(2) Pentax DBG2 Battery Grip + Extras!! -- $140.00

Grip is in EX+ Condition. Includes a Power 2000 1740mAh battery, Pentax wireless remote control and a Transcend 150x 4GB SD Card. Shipping weight appx 3lb.

(3) Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8 -- SOLD!

Purchased this new from BuyDig on April 27th, it is in like new condition. I somehow managed to misplace the rear lens cap, but other than that all original accessories are included. Shipping weight appx 3lb.

(4) Sigma EF500 DG Super Flash + Extras!! -- SOLD!

Flash is in EX+ condition. Also includes a set of 4 MAHA Power EX 2500 mAh rechargeable batteries and STO-FEN Omnibounce Diffuser, and a CACTUS Wireless Flash Trigger V2. Shipping weight appx 2lb.

(5) WhiBal Pocket White Balance Card Set w/Lanyard -- $20.00

In EX+ Condition. Shipping Weight appx 1lb.

(6) Slik Pro 500DX Tripod and Pro 800 Ballhead -- $80.00

Our kittens got a hold of the padding on the legs, its not bad, but it does have tiny kitten claw holes from them climbing up it. Other than that, it and the ballhead are in excellent shape. Also includes an extra quick release plate. Shipping weight appx 10lb.

(7) Lowepro Mini Trekker AW -- $60.00

Well used, but in excellent shape. Clean, no rips or tears. Shipping weight appx 2lb.

(8) Stroboframe Pro-T flash bracket -- $50.00

In ex+ condition. Shipping weight appx 2lb.

(9) Promaster Off Camera TTL Flash Ext. Cord -- SOLD

In ex+ condition. Shipping weight appx 1lb

Shipping worldwide, any reasonable offers are welcome.

I will accept either USPS Money Order, or Paypal + 2.9% for paypal fees (see PayPal Fee Calculator for an easy to use paypal calculator).
I will only ship via USPS Priority or Express Mail in the continental US, or USPS Express Mail elsewhere. Insurance is required!!

Please use the shipping caculator at USPS - USPS - Calculate Postage using the weights given, from area code 34446, to get a shipping estimate.

I have 100% positive feedback here and on ebay (kevindb0), and guarantee all items to be as described.

Last edited by kbrabble; 07-26-2008 at 10:41 PM.
07-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
PM sent re: Sigma flash
07-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
noooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just ordered and paid for a grip two days ago :-(
07-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
LED

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM for DA* 50-135.

07-23-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
JML
Forum Member

charging costs

kbrabal wrote:
"I will accept either USPS Money Order, or Paypal + 2.9% for paypal fees (see PayPal Fee Calculator for an easy to use paypal calculator).
I will only ship via USPS Priority or Express Mail in the continental US, or USPS Express Mail elsewhere. Insurance is required!!

Please use the shipping caculator at USPS - USPS - Calculate Postage using the weights given, from area code 34446, to get a shipping estimate."

So you like to use this forum, paypal and the USposts (and eventually other postcompanies) all for free and others have to pay for it.
Rather unilateral imo...
07-24-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
Syb
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JML Quote
kbrabal wrote:
"I will accept either USPS Money Order, or Paypal + 2.9% for paypal fees (see PayPal Fee Calculator for an easy to use paypal calculator).

Please use the shipping caculator at USPS - USPS - Calculate Postage using the weights given, from area code 34446, to get a shipping estimate."

So you like to use this forum, paypal and the USposts (and eventually other postcompanies) all for free and others have to pay for it.
Rather unilateral imo...
If you don't like the price, the item, or the conditions, you don't bite. It is that easy. He is offering to sell interesting stuff at interesting prices.

I am quite sure he will find buyers for every part of his sale. I may even be among them. (Or did I decide to spend only money on things I do NOT YET have? ) However, here's a free bump. If I didn't have the K10d I'ld jump on it without a hesitation.
07-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
JML
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
If you don't like the price, the item, or the conditions, you don't bite. It is that easy. He is offering to sell interesting stuff at interesting prices.

I am quite sure he will find buyers for every part of his sale. I may even be among them. (Or did I decide to spend only money on things I do NOT YET have? ) However, here's a free bump. If I didn't have the K10d I'ld jump on it without a hesitation.
Well, normally I wouldn't be that unpolite, but I do not think it is rather fair to leave all costs for your sale on this marketplace upon your buyers.
On the contrary, it would be friendly - especially on this forum - and as it is common use on Ebay, to pay as a seller for the Paypal fees and as a buyer for shipping fees.

In the way this sale is set up buyers have to pay twice for extra costs.
If these prices were really cheap, it would be a break even, but these prices aren't that cheap

(yeah, for Syb, but he is an Eurobuyer, so everything for him is cheap in USD,

Nevertheless,

Kind regards from a fellow Pentaxian, and good luck with the trade.
07-24-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
LED

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
As you said, buyers from EU will appreciate. And I think aussie too.

07-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 29 (100%)
True,
These may not be all that cheap for you guys in the US, but they're still making us in Oz raise our eyebrows.

Missed out on that DA 50-135... waiting for the next one (after Rosemary gets hers...)
07-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by troywhite Quote
noooooooooooooooooooooooo

i just ordered and paid for a grip two days ago :-(
metooooo!!!!
07-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JML Quote
Well, normally I wouldn't be that unpolite, but I do not think it is rather fair to leave all costs for your sale on this marketplace upon your buyers.
On the contrary, it would be friendly - especially on this forum - and as it is common use on Ebay, to pay as a seller for the Paypal fees and as a buyer for shipping fees.

In the way this sale is set up buyers have to pay twice for extra costs.
If these prices were really cheap, it would be a break even, but these prices aren't that cheap

(yeah, for Syb, but he is an Eurobuyer, so everything for him is cheap in USD,

Nevertheless,

Kind regards from a fellow Pentaxian, and good luck with the trade.
Yes, and I could, as common practice on ebay, just boost the shipping costs, or add a handling fee to cover the costs of ebay and paypal. One of the reasons to sell on a forum such as this is, to save having to pay for the fees. Plus, I give the option of paying with a money order, that will save BOTH parties from unnecessary fees. It is your choice weather you pay, relatively large, Paypal fees or the small fee of a money order. Secondly, nothing I have done is against forum rules. I was up front about the price and all fees that you will pay. If you dont like it, just leave it alone, is it that hard?

I am selling this equipment to get as much of a return as I can, again, I am sorry if you do not like the prices. But as has been said, just because this is not a good deal for you, does not mean it is not a good deal for someone else. All this gear has been very well taken care of, and most come with additional accessories. It is not just a standard K10D you are buying. Add up the avearage price of used a K10D on ebay, The price of a KatzEye screen w/ the optional rule of thirds grid lines, the optech strap, and sandisk extreme III card... Looked like a pretty good deal to me when I added it up. And, I have no problems shipping overseas where they become an even better deal.

So like I asked, please, if you do not like a listing, and it does not break any forum rules, just press your back button and leave it alone.

Sorry if my listing has offended you,
Kevin
07-25-2008, 10:55 PM   #12

Original Poster
Well the thread got a little off track, so I am giving this a bump, and one more day and then I will list the items elsewhere. Thanks to those who have purchased so far.

I am open to reasonable offers...

Kevin
07-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #13

Original Poster
Prices lowered, last chance to buy before being listed elsewhere....
07-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 59 (100%)
I have been watching for a 50-135 as well. If one comes us it seems that its going to be a case of 'the quick and the dead'.
07-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #15

Original Poster
I am marking this all as sold, and listing elsewhere for a few days before going to eBay. If anyone is still interested, you can send me a pm or email through the site.