PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Black Pentax K-r body only

Asking Price
140.00 USD

Item Location
Georgia (United States)

Item Description
I am selling my black K-r that I bought a couple years ago from the original owner here in the Atlanta area. It now has about 12,300 shutter actuations.
It is an excellent, small DSLR and the only reason I am selling it is because I got a K-S1 which has a better, bigger viewfinder for manual lenses (and focus peaking). Otherwise I would have kept it. The 12.4MP sensor is great, I find the files very easy to work with and they have been printed up to A3 size with good results. It's a great, affordable camera to have if you don't use manual lenses a lot, or have another camera to use them with.

What comes with it: Body, original charger, original battery, and a body cap (not original, I think it's from my broken ZX-M). I bought it off of Craigslist from the original owner about 2 years ago. It had 2800 shutter actuations and was pretty much new. It's been used for family pictures.

No box or manual, but the manual can be found here: http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-r.pdf
And no CD with software, but you can install the Pentax DCU based on advice from this thread, if you need to: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/32-digital-processing-software-printing/2...-cd-drive.html

Here are some pictures taken with it.

As for trades, let me know what lenses you have... I'm looking mostly for a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 older model, but I'm open to other things. If it's a lens that costs more than the K-r (like the Sigma 30 would) I would want to see if I could include my K 24 2.8 (being sold separately) to make up the difference.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
Shipping is $10 in the continental US, contact me for other regions.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
If the item arrives in a condition other than described, returns are accepted.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Edit: so between being out of town for 11 days and long hours of training plus regular work, here's some pictures... Sorry if they're not studio quality... just at my desk at work...

Last edited by ChristianRock; 10-07-2016 at 06:57 AM.
09-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Can you post some pictures of the camera?
09-10-2016, 06:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Original Poster
I will post them on Monday, as I left it in the office but I worked from home yesterday.
10-06-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Bump for some pictures, finally...

10-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Bump for some pictures, finally...
PM sent.
10-07-2016, 07:01 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WILLIAM HUBBARD Quote
PM sent.
PM anwered, and I updated the for sale post with the exact information of what comes with the camera, as well as some useful links...

This camera seriously has a great sensor (gorgeous colors!) and great handling. The only reason I upgraded to the K-S1 is because of the viewfinder (I shoot manual lenses a lot). The other advantage of the K-S1 is the AF is a bit more precise in artificial light (which honestly wouldn't have been a problem if I had a bigger viewfinder to focus manually in those situations...) Otherwise, I don't really see much difference in AF performance with the 16-45, F 50 1.7 or DA 35 2.4 lenses, which get the bulk of the use.

I LOVE the mode dial for quick family snapping (changing between Av and M which are right next to each other, for most of my shooting helps with having just one dial, and then I can set to "action" if I just quickly need to chase my kids around). My wife, who is very technophobe when it comes to cameras, loved the camera as well. She's still not entirely happy with the K-S1 to be honest... she thinks the K-r takes better looking pictures. I think it's just a placebo effect honestly, as the K-r just brings us such great memories of the places we've been with it

---------- Post added 10-07-16 at 09:37 PM ----------

Sold pending payment confirmation.

Last edited by ChristianRock; 10-07-2016 at 07:08 AM.