Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
DA10-17_SOLD___2ND-PRICE DROP! Promaster 28-80, Quantaray 70-300__SOLD__

First lens: $235.00 ____________SOLD_________ on 10-8-16 @ 4:15PM CDST_____________
SMC Pentax-DA Fish-eye f/3.5-4.5 10-17mm ED IF with mount cap and original front metal cap. The lens is in Excellent condition with it's original box, packing, manuals and other documentation. i would give this copy a 10. The metal front cap has scratches and wear and can only be called Good or an 8. No problems with anything else on the lens. I keep it in an air tight case like a Pelican called an Underwater Kinetics "Tundra" case so the metal front lens cap has had more stuff cross it than the rest of the lens. I have shot less than a hundred images with this and I liked the results a lot. Especially the close minimum focus distance. But my wife hates the fish-eye look! Two years ago I bought a Samyang f/2.8 14mm and that has become my favorite super wide lens. The wife likes the old Vivitar f/3.5 19mm so I am set for super wides. I haven't mounted this for over 3 years till I checked all functions recently. Keeping lenses in those airtight cases with desiccant is just practical in the Northland. I can say that I knew there was a bit of fish-eye at the 17mm zoom but you really have to look unless you have a straight vertical line on the edge of the image. I think the price is good but I welcome offers.
------- Link to good images: Pentax DA 10-17 side w-min.focus | Alan C. Wilson | Flickr
Lens will be packed sealed in a ziplock bag in it's original box which will then be wrapped nicely in bubble wrap. No styrofoam peanuts from me. This should not cost much to ship unless you are a great distance from me.

Second lens: $20.95
Promaster AF Aspherical f/3.5-5.6 28-80mm 58mm filter muti-coated made in China with original caps. Good condition. This lens functions well and gives good snap shots but has it's drawbacks as one can read from the reviews on here. It makes a good walk around, light weight, cheap lens. Weighs almost nothing compared to a camera body. Not fast enough for indoor work. All functions work with no problems. A nice feature is the half stop detent aperture ring. Has been stored in my sealed U.K Tundra box. In my kit this has been replaced by several much better Sigma lenses. Make me a reasonable offer!
--------- Link to good pics: Promaster 28-80 side aperture w-close range | Alan C. Wilson | Flickr
Lens will be sealed into a ziplock and packed with bubble wrap. I do not have the original case or box for the lens. This should not cost much to ship and I can work to keep shipping very low. ---***___Thanks to Ebay I know shipping will be $6.00 for Priority Mail because this weighs so little and will fit in small box of mine.___*****---

Third lens: $30.00 _______SOLD__________on 10-18-16 At 5:30PM
Quantaray Tech-10 PF AF f/4-5.6 70-300mm 58mm Macro at 300 with switch for that function which goes to 1:2. Made in Japan. The lens is in excellent condition. It has a still firm zoom ring with No creep and firm focusing ring. It focuses quick on my K-5 but at 300 can hunt a little in poor light. Macro function is a pleasant and big surprise for being able to catch such magnification a meter of distance. Lens will come with a center pinch front cap, a Tiffen SKY 1A filter, a flexible rubber hood and a rear mount cap. The lens has no marks on elements and I can't see any dust inside which is a bit unusual but since I didn't use it much not surprising to me. Once again kept stored in my UK Tundra boxes. I owned those before I started with digital for my super telephoto prime lenses. I find myself using my shorter zooms and faster Tamron Adaptall-2 zooms over this one. Plus I can grab a 400mm just as fast as this one but it's a Lot heavier. This lens is a weighs in at 22 ounces alone and 27 with caps, filter and hood. It is not an all plastic lens. I offer this at a low price for a new feeling lens but I always welcome offers.
I do have a generic hard lens case I could put the lens into but I don't think the hood can stay on it in the case. I do not remember what lens came in which of these cases. If you choose to get a case for $2.00 I will make sure the lens will not rattle around in the case. These cases can not be considered air tight.
----------- Link to good pics: Quantaray 70-300 side w-macro | Alan C. Wilson | Flickr
Lens will be packed in a sealed zip lock bag with it's 2 accessories separate. All will be wrapped in bubble wrap. If it is in a case the case will also be in a zip lock. With case it will approach 2 pounds but I still do not expect a high shipping rate.

****** Shipping will be by USPS and I like Priority Mail and can save if I don't use the USPS box. I insure items for new replacement value. Be aware that the post office will demand proof of damage and non function before they will pay. I have been down that road with them for something big, heavy and expensive.

******** I prefer PayPal but also realize some people don't like it so I will take other payments. NO personal checks. Money orders or cashiers checks or other money sending methods need to be approved by me. *****!!!!! I highly recommend the use of PayPal for the item over $100.00 do to their buyer guarantee. If the post office breaks it that might be the fast way to regain your money.
****** I will accept a return for a non-functional item for full price refund if buyer pays return shipping. If you just don't like it we can negotiate the refund.
Now for some pictures:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by kacansas03; 10-25-2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Price Drop
10-08-2016, 12:42 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM's

Hi - PM'd you
10-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dayteker Quote
Hi - PM'd you
PM received, Invoice sent.

---------- Post added 10-08-16 at 04:12 PM ----------

Payment received for DA 10-17! Thanks dayteker.
10-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
***************Price Drop***************** Bump

10-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Interesting

So i wonder if I interpret the lack of response to my off brand lenses as that Pentaxians no long want to spend any money on them?? I do know that Pentax has a lot more and better lenses out there today than back when I started shooting Pentax digital in Dec. '08.
************ anyway, here is a bump **********
10-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I have a copy of Promaster 28-80 lens and initially I thought it was not that sharp, but then introduce it to some bright sunlight and it can produce some fantastic pictures that can put a WOW onto those $1000 Canon shooters. The lens need good hood tho.

For $15 you won't loose much even if you don't like it.

and I believe this lens in FF compatible too.

Good Luck with your sale.
10-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by suraswami Quote
I have a copy of Promaster 28-80 lens and initially I thought it was not that sharp, but then introduce it to some bright sunlight and it can produce some fantastic pictures that can put a WOW onto those $1000 Canon shooters. The lens need good hood tho.

For $15 you won't loose much even if you don't like it.

and I believe this lens in FF compatible too.

Good Luck with your sale.
They are both old enough to both be Full frame. But I do not know for sure so I do not claim this is true.

10-17-2016, 03:01 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
I'm interested in the 70-300. Would have pm messaged but this is my first message on the forums. I'm fine with PayPal.
10-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stilgar Quote
I'm interested in the 70-300. Would have pm messaged but this is my first message on the forums. I'm fine with PayPal.
Ok you just click on my Id of kacansas03 for us to discuss price, shipping and payment.

---------- Post added 10-17-16 at 06:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stilgar Quote
I jsu sent you a personal message. Look for it under the my account tab at the top right of the forum's header.

---------- Post added 10-18-16 at 05:31 PM ----------

The Quantaray 70-300 zoom is Sold today. Going to list the Promaster on Ebay under my ID of kacansas51
10-20-2016, 10:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
new low price

___________2nd Price drop on the Promaster ____PLUS new low shipping. Buying it Here is less expensive than Ebay.
10-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bump--- Make me an offer!