Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
[SOLD] Da 10-17 fe

Fisheye lens for sale. $340 + shipping to US.

Purchased around March of 2008. Used for about 400 photos.

Comes with original packaging and papers. Photos were taken today.

$340 plus shipping.

Last edited by Aegon; 07-27-2008 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added price to top of listing
07-27-2008, 03:33 AM   #2
JML
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Pm sent

Pm sent on this lens.
Want to buy.

Last edited by JML; 07-27-2008 at 06:17 AM.
07-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi JML. I'm going to consider your offer, but it sounds somewhat risky/complicated.

If the lens doesn't sell within about a day, I'll contact you to see if we can address my concerns.
07-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
JML
Forum Member

sale 10-17

Hello Aegon,

Thanks for your positive reply.
I'm seriously interested, so I would be glad if you're willing to sell the lens to me.

My proposal is that I pay you first by Paypal account and then you'll send the lens.
In this way there'll be no risk for you, or am I missing something?

kind regards,

Joost

07-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hi JML,

(1) you've made an _offer_. You've offered to pay less than what I'm asking. I'm seeing if anyone wants to pay what I'm asking before accepting an offer.

(2) I've had paypal leave me on the hook before. If I'm shipping to an unverified US address, I take extra risk.

(3) I've had problems shipping internationally before. The buyer wanted insurance, which meant that I had to declare a value, which meant he had to pay taxes, and the shipment was "inspected". In the end, a shipment to the UK in 2001 cost a boatload of money and took a long time. I know that some international sales are easier. But it isn't my preferred option unless the buyer knows what to expect.

Your offer is pretty good, but I'm not ready to take it yet. This ad posting is half-a-day old. I will, however, start to consider your offer more seriously within about a day. I know that we can work out the details if necessary.

Thanks for your patience.
07-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
JML
Forum Member

sale 10-17

QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
Hi JML,

(1) you've made an _offer_. You've offered to pay less than what I'm asking. I'm seeing if anyone wants to pay what I'm asking before accepting an offer.

(2) I've had paypal leave me on the hook before. If I'm shipping to an unverified US address, I take extra risk.

(3) I've had problems shipping internationally before. The buyer wanted insurance, which meant that I had to declare a value, which meant he had to pay taxes, and the shipment was "inspected". In the end, a shipment to the UK in 2001 cost a boatload of money and took a long time. I know that some international sales are easier. But it isn't my preferred option unless the buyer knows what to expect.

Your offer is pretty good, but I'm not ready to take it yet. This ad posting is half-a-day old. I will, however, start to consider your offer more seriously within about a day. I know that we can work out the details if necessary.

Thanks for your patience.

Hello Aegon,

Well I hope that could have take away your doubts for selling your lens to me in my previous pm's.

By the way, did you know that Aegon is also the name of a big insurance company in The Netherlands? This company happens to be the sponsor of a big national Dutch speedskating team and from this season on also of the professional soccer club from Amsterdam named AJAX.

Maybe this can give you also more insurance about this sale.

I would like to hear from you!

greetings,

JML
07-27-2008, 12:17 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Fisheye lens is good for taking photos of fish:

It will make busy streets look busier:

Good for self portraits too:

07-28-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
JML
Forum Member

I bought the lens, :-)

Lens paid and therefold sold,

Thanks very much for your trust, .

Iwill send you soon a shipping adress.

Thanks again in advance for shipping.

Friendly greetings

JML
fellow pentaxian,
07-28-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Congrats JML. Are you a member of the Dutch Pentaxforum (www.pentaxforum.nl)? I'd like to see your work with this lens there