PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Rare Sigma 300mm f4 APO Tele Macro

Asking Price
200.00 EUR

Item Location
Singapore (Singapore)

Item Description
I am putting for sale again my Sigma 300mm f4 APO Tele Macro ---- 200e due to service needed.
Must go this week as I am moving again.

This is a complete kit, the original box, booklet, case, accessories are all included.
Unfortunately, I have to report that the lens didn't like too much my move to Singapore and the AF needs servicing. Details are available here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/114-maintenance-repair-articles/182230-fr...ele-macro.html

Original lens caps. Yep, it's an award winning lens

The back of the lens, it is clean but it's really hard to take a picture of it as the lens elements are quite recessed inside the body

Front of the lens, clean as well

The mount

Some samples:

Shipping to be added to the price of the items.
I accept paypal as well as other payment methods.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Shipping depends of where you live

Shipping Services
Singpost

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Sold as is, no return

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

10-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
Zav
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
A couple of pictures taken after the issue of the AF happened.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
10-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Hi Zav ! That's an interesting lens. I have at the moment the sigma 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom but am not totally pleased with the image quality I get from it. It is decent at f/8, but it is quite bad wide open... I am thus thinking of getting a 300mm f/4 prime or 400mm f/5.6 prime....
There aren't many review of this sigma 300mm f/4 APO on the forum so I would be interested in your own feedback when comparing this lens with the Pentax 300mm f/4.5 that you have for instance. If you have a few RAW files for f/4 and f/5.6 I would be interested too.
About the autofocus, did you try to repair it by yourself or not at all ?
Last question : do you have any idea of the shipping price for Europe ?

All the best !
10-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Here are some of my images with this lens at f4.5 (full image, not a crop). f4 on my copy is noticeably fuzzy compared to f4.5.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
10-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #5
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Hi Zav ! That's an interesting lens. I have at the moment the sigma 120-400mm f/4.5-5.6 zoom but am not totally pleased with the image quality I get from it. It is decent at f/8, but it is quite bad wide open... I am thus thinking of getting a 300mm f/4 prime or 400mm f/5.6 prime....
There aren't many review of this sigma 300mm f/4 APO on the forum so I would be interested in your own feedback when comparing this lens with the Pentax 300mm f/4.5 that you have for instance. If you have a few RAW files for f/4 and f/5.6 I would be interested too.
About the autofocus, did you try to repair it by yourself or not at all ?
Last question : do you have any idea of the shipping price for Europe ?

All the best !
Hi Gorme,

I have a few raw available. Will send you a MP.
I haven't tried to repair the AF myself, I don't have the screwdrivers required. Shipping to Europe via Singpost, delivery time around 2 weeks is SGD116. More or less 76 euros.
Comparing the Sigma and the FA*, I would say that the Sigma has some advantages: slightly faster aperture, tripod mount, focus limiter and the close focus ability (minimum focusing distance of 1.2m). At f4, it has a little bit less contrast compared to the FA*, which can easily be corrected in post treatment. On my K-3, it underexposes a tiny bit as well at f4. By f5.6, it's all good. The FA* has more contrast and resolution at f4.5 and a minimum focusing distance of roughly 2m.
That's all what I feel, not scientifically backed testing.

Cheers
Xavier

Last edited by Zav; 10-15-2016 at 08:16 PM. Reason: wording
10-17-2016, 05:40 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Thank you both for your feedbacks and samples. Zav I sent you the money and my address through a PM
10-17-2016, 04:02 PM   #7
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sold to gorme!