Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-28-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
[SOLD] K1000 body with two lenses, shutter release cable, flash, soft bag

Hey all-

First listing here on the Marketplace. I came across this body and lenses a while back, and I decided my lens assortment was OK without what I purchased, so I decided to sell everything off.

My wife and I have sold extensively on E-bay: not a lot of electronics or camera items, mostly collectibles and such, but we do take our online vendor commitment rather seriously! You can take a look at our ebay profile here.

Anyways, here's a description and some photos of what I'm offering.

The body: condition and features
The K1000 body is in excellent used condition, with no major dents or scratches. There are a few light brassing marks on the bottom of the body from tripod mounting. As well, a slight bit of paint rub is visible on the back where the edges are painted black and around the view finder (as seen in the photos below).
I have tested the camera at all shutter speeds (sample pictures from a group of 12 shots taken recently available upon request that I have to scan!) and there are no shutter curtain issues. As well, the light meter is working perfectly and the battery is included in the camera.

Lenses
1. Ricoh Rikenon P f1:2 50mm lens, made in Japan, with UV filter. Lens is made in Japan. The lens accepts 52mm filters. It has contacts for auto mode, but this will not work on modern Pentax D-SLR’s, and can only be used in manual mode- I assume these contact were put in place for Ricoh SLR bodies. However, the lens did mount on a Pentax K100D DSLR with no issues.
The lens is in excellent condition, with no brassing on the lens body, and the optics are clear, fungus/haze/scratch free. Focus is smooth and error free. The aperature ring snaps sharply and there is no excess oil on the aperature blades. As it is a 6 blade aperature, bokeh is smooth with nice geometric highlights.

2. Koboron MC Macro Zoom f1:4.5~5.6 70~200mm lens, made in Japan, with a UV filter. The lens accepts 49mm filters. This lens has an auto aperature setting, and will work on modern Pentax D-SLR’s. However, the protective shield around the aperature control lever on the back of the lens will need to be modified to fit Pentax D-SLR’s: that was the case with my K100D. I DID NOT modify the shield around the aperature control lever- I had removed it for testing purposes only to very that the automatic exposure setting would work with my K100D, and I replaced it immediately afterwards.
The lens is in great condition, both cosmetically and optically, with no brassing or scratches, and the optics are clear, fungus/haze/scratch free. The zoom mechanism is tight and smooth- I couldn’t see any real problems with zoom creep while testing. Focus is smooth and error free. The aperature ring snaps sharply and there is no excess oil on the aperature blades. It is also a 6 blade aperature, but I found bokeh to be quite smooth given this design.

Extras
The kit includes the following:
Original owners manual for the K1000 in both french and english.
Remote shutter cable
Sunpack Softlite 1600A flash (Automatic exposure control)- no battery corrosion, fired when fresh batteries were inserted and the test button pressed.
Soft case that holds the entire kit.

Update: Price: $80.00 USD/CAD for the kit plus shipping.

Here's some shots:

Last edited by virgilr; 08-03-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added missing picture
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Edit- forgot to add the shot of the back of the camera, where you can see the slight paint rubbing.

Not sure if I'm way out of league here on the price- PM me with a reasonable offer, anybody!
07-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Since you asked :-) I think this is a great price for the kit. I have seen K1000 at the local pawn shop for $49 (body only) and they weren't treated nice bumping against Minoltas and Canons without body cap or lens attached :-(
07-29-2008, 04:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks drabina! I also wanted to let everybody know that the focusing screen is nice and clean and clear- it was alot of fun to shoot with this camera, I just need to make room!

07-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A quick bump with some scans of the actual shots I took with the two lenses. I know exposure isn't all that great- just testing the functionality of the body and lenses. These were all taken on a cloudy day. A bit of contrast bump in PS to give you the same vibe as the prints- my scanner is an old POS Canon LIED scanner (hate this thing!).

Here's two from the 55mm:

Note: the bit of bordering on the sides of this shot are NOT a curtain problem, but the window frame around the window where I took the shot!

A bit underexposed, this one, but just to show the bokeh:

Here's two shots at maximum zoom on the Koboron. Not bad for generic japanese glass from the 80's!

Last edited by virgilr; 07-30-2008 at 07:25 PM.
07-31-2008, 08:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price update/drop

Well, nobody seems to be showing any interest, I'll take $80.00 USD/CAD for the kit, plus S&H. Also, anybody who's interested, please make me an offer!
07-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Your equipment

I am a learning photographer/missionary was wondering what the lowest price you would take for this would be?

LB
08-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PM sent to liberiabound.

08-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
By the way, Kobori (the manufacturer of the Koboron lens) also made a lot of lenses for Vivitar. Some of the Vivitar Series 1 lenses were made in the Kobori factory. Not really 'generic'
08-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
By the way, Kobori (the manufacturer of the Koboron lens) also made a lot of lenses for Vivitar. Some of the Vivitar Series 1 lenses were made in the Kobori factory. Not really 'generic'
Ah, I have the same lens, in "Soligor" branding. It's not that bad, but bokeh is appalling!
08-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A shot of the bottom plate

Here's a shot of the bottom plate, showing the brassing marks and two very minor scratches. Only a few small nicks in the coin slot of the battery cover.

Some details to help identify this camera, not sure if it is later Japanese or made in Hong Kong:
  • The bottom plate is in metal (chromed brass, from what research I've been able to find online).
  • The top prism housing/plate is all metal.
  • The Asahi logo is stamped on the prism housing.
  • The back stamp below the film advance lever is marked "Asahi Opt. Co." I know that this should read Asahi Opt. Co. Japan to be absolutely certain, but a post on this forum noted that a camera purchased in 1977 wasn't stamped Japan, but the year of production would make it Japanese.

I've read around a bit, but since there is no sticker on the bottom, hard to say if this is a Japanese or Hong Kong produced body.

Serial is stamped on the bottom, 8307266.

Just wanted to put this information out there for anybody that would want to know for identification purposes.

Anyways, here's the bottom plate shot:

Last edited by virgilr; 08-02-2008 at 06:40 PM.
08-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
gone to E-Bay

This kit is now on ebay- thanks all for looking!