Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
LN IOB Pentax Rear Converter A 1.4X-L (Best teleconverter EVER for long Pentax glass)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
LN IOB Pentax Rear Converter A 1.4X-L (Best teleconverter EVER for long Pentax glass)

Asking Price
325.00 USD

Item Location
Kearney, NE (United States)

Item Description
Just in and not offered very often (anywhere):
Pentax Rear Converter A 1.4X-L in original box - LIKE NEW
If you can find a nicer one BUY IT. Heck, if you can find ANOTHER one, BUY IT.
KEH just sold their only copy (for $385 plus shipping). Mine is in nicer shape and includes the original case, strap, caps AND box!

This is one of the highest-rated pieces of Pentax glass out there with many reviewers stating that they can see NO IMAGE DEGRADATION when used with the recommended Pentax lenses. The only currently made lens that this converter works with is the DA* 200mm f2.8 (where it turns it into a 280mm f4. For comparison, a 300mm f4 is over $1000. The price savings/difference is even more if you put it on longer lenses.) PF Reviews here.

Features of this teleconverter:
  • Super Multi Coated (SMC) optics
  • Manual Focus
  • Has electrical contacts to support auto-aperture (Tv or P) exposure modes in addition to M and Av
  • The converter does not transmit focal length and MTF information from lens to camera
  • Designed to provide superior image quality on tele lenses 200mm and above
  • Front element measures ~ 3.5cm in diameter and protrudes ~ 2 cm

Supported Lenses:
  • In this 2008 PF thread) a user who reports that he uses the Rear Converter A 1.4X-L on the Tamron 60B 300mm f2.8. He reports "The image is great, with no easily discerned quality loss!." That combo would give one a 420mm f4, if my math is correct!
  • SMC Pentax-DA* 200mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-FA* 200mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-A* Macro 200mm F4
  • SMC Pentax-A* 300mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-FA* 300mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-A* 400mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-A 400mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax 500mm F4.5
  • SMC Pentax-F* 600mm F4
  • SMC Pentax-FA* 600mm F4
  • SMC Pentax-A* 600mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax 1000mm F8
  • SMC Pentax A* 1200mm F8
  • SMC Pentax 135-600mm F6.7
  • SMC Pentax F* 250-600mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax FA* 250-600mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax 400-600mm F8-12
This teleconverter is NOT compatible with the SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 and the SMC Pentax-FA* 300 mm F4.5 lenses due to the protruding front element.

Read more at: Rear Converter-A 1.4x-L Reviews - Pentax K-mount Teleconverters and Adapters - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

First $325 takes (FIRM) (plus actual shipping to your door). If outside the Continental U.S. shipping will need to be via a Tracked Delivery method. (Can't take any chances with a lens of this caliber!).

A word about PF Marketplace "average prices"
IMHO, PF Marketplace average prices are not as helpful as they could be. They don't require people to put anything in the "Price Paid" field. This leads to people (often) NOT ENTERING the price they paid if they paid MORE than the "Average Price" reported. Conversely, people like to report it when they pay less than the reported "average price". This (lack of complete data) keeps the "average price" reported by the PF calculation artificially low (many times not matching the Real World prices). They also don't have people put in the CONDITION of the lens they bought, meaning that the "bargain" lenses are being averaged in the with the "MINT" leneses (and everything in between). Finally, they don't always reflect the proper prices on lenses that will be in more demand now that Pentax more full frame K-1 bodies are out in the market.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
2 weeks return policy. You must be 100% satisfied that the item matches my description or return for a full refund of the purchase price (but not shipping). Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by cheekygeek; 10-28-2016 at 10:50 AM.
10-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Lovely looking converter. I always wanted one. Sadly the lens I have that most fits the need is my FA* 300 f/4.5 which is (of course!) on the no go list. Good luck with the sale it's a fine looking converter and belongs in someone's collection.
10-28-2016, 10:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm sorry to hear that, but it appears you are correct.

I did find (in this 2008 PF thread) a user who reports that he uses the Rear Converter A 1.4X-L on the Tamron 60B 300mm f2.8. He reports "The image is great, with no easily discerned quality loss!." That combo would give one a 420mm f4, if my math is correct! (I've nowadded this info to the original listing.)
10-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale

Asking Price
325.00 USD

Item Location
Kearney, NE (United States)

Item Description
Just in and not offered very often (anywhere):
Pentax Rear Converter A 1.4X-L in original box - LIKE NEW
If you can find a nicer one BUY IT. Heck, if you can find ANOTHER one, BUY IT.
KEH just sold their only copy (for $385 plus shipping). Mine is in nicer shape and includes the original case, strap, caps AND box!

This is one of the highest-rated pieces of Pentax glass out there with many reviewers stating that they can see NO IMAGE DEGRADATION when used with the recommended Pentax lenses. The only currently made lens that this converter works with is the DA* 200mm f2.8 (where it turns it into a 280mm f4. For comparison, a 300mm f4 is over $1000. The price savings/difference is even more if you put it on longer lenses.) PF Reviews here.

Features of this teleconverter:
  • Super Multi Coated (SMC) optics
  • Manual Focus
  • Has electrical contacts to support auto-aperture (Tv or P) exposure modes in addition to M and Av
  • The converter does not transmit focal length and MTF information from lens to camera
  • Designed to provide superior image quality on tele lenses 200mm and above
  • Front element measures ~ 3.5cm in diameter and protrudes ~ 2 cm

Supported Lenses:
  • In this 2008 PF thread) a user who reports that he uses the Rear Converter A 1.4X-L on the Tamron 60B 300mm f2.8. He reports "The image is great, with no easily discerned quality loss!." That combo would give one a 420mm f4, if my math is correct!
  • SMC Pentax-DA* 200mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-FA* 200mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-A* Macro 200mm F4
  • SMC Pentax-A* 300mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-FA* 300mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-A* 400mm F2.8
  • SMC Pentax-A 400mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax 500mm F4.5
  • SMC Pentax-F* 600mm F4
  • SMC Pentax-FA* 600mm F4
  • SMC Pentax-A* 600mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax 1000mm F8
  • SMC Pentax A* 1200mm F8
  • SMC Pentax 135-600mm F6.7
  • SMC Pentax F* 250-600mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax FA* 250-600mm F5.6
  • SMC Pentax 400-600mm F8-12
This teleconverter is NOT compatible with the SMC Pentax-DA* 300mm F4 and the SMC Pentax-FA* 300 mm F4.5 lenses due to the protruding front element.

Read more at: Rear Converter-A 1.4x-L Reviews - Pentax K-mount Teleconverters and Adapters - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

First $325 takes (FIRM) (plus actual shipping to your door). If outside the Continental U.S. shipping will need to be via a Tracked Delivery method. (Can't take any chances with a lens of this caliber!).

A word about PF Marketplace "average prices"
IMHO, PF Marketplace average prices are not as helpful as they could be. They don't require people to put anything in the "Price Paid" field. This leads to people (often) NOT ENTERING the price they paid if they paid MORE than the "Average Price" reported. Conversely, people like to report it when they pay less than the reported "average price". This (lack of complete data) keeps the "average price" reported by the PF calculation artificially low (many times not matching the Real World prices). They also don't have people put in the CONDITION of the lens they bought, meaning that the "bargain" lenses are being averaged in the with the "MINT" leneses (and everything in between). Finally, they don't always reflect the proper prices on lenses that will be in more demand now that Pentax more full frame K-1 bodies are out in the market.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
actual

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
2 weeks return policy. You must be 100% satisfied that the item matches my description or return for a full refund of the purchase price (but not shipping). Buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
I have used it on my Tamron SP 300 mm 2.8 and it is great. The Pentax AF 1.7x works on the Tamron also.
Steve

11-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This item is now SOLD to the gentleman in Ohio.