Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Pentax SMC PENTAX DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Lens, Caps, Hood, Pouch - $200 + Free Ship

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMC PENTAX DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Lens with Lens Caps, Hood and Pouch

Asking Price
200.00 USD

Item Location
Bedford, MA (United States)

Item Description
Yet another gem from my lens collection that I am not doing justice to. So I am downsizing my photography gear.

For those of you not familiar with this lens, it is a fast prime - compact, lightweight, well-made portrait lens in very good condition. 105mm equivalent on APC DSLR camera bodies. Ideal for candid and street photography.

This copy works great and takes sharp, beautiful pictures. Autofocus is fast; manual focus is smooth and correctly damped. The glass shows no flaws - fungus, haze, noticeable dust, scratches, etc.

The metal barrel shows brassing and sign of use, but not of abuse. These Pentax Limited lenses are all metal construction, so they are very solid and rugged.

Comes with front and rear lens caps (generic), screw-on metal hood (also generic), and soft storage case/pouch.

I would be happy to answer questions. Here is some additional information on specifications:

The SMC PENTAX-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited lens is exclusively designed for use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras and features an ultra-thin pancake design, along with uni-focal, medium-telephoto optics. With a medium-telephoto perspective, this lens is ideal for many applications including landscape and portraiturescape. High-performance optics ensures outstanding image quality, and provides distinctive visual expression. Materials used for the 70mm F2.4 lens are selected for optimum holding comfort and operability. This little beauty is designed to be extremely thin and lightweight, for go-anywhere portability for casual, day-to-day snapshot photography.

Product Highlights
Video

Product Identifiers
UPC 0027075124790
Product Line Pentax SMCP-DA

Lens System
Type Telephoto
Focus Type Auto & Manual
Focal Length Fixed/Prime
Focal Length (mm) 70mm
Aperture f/2.4
Min Aperture 22
Additional Tech Characteristics DA

Dimensions
Diameter 2.5 inch
Weight 4.59 oz

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Free

Shipping Services
USPS Economy. Insured.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
100% money back if the item does not match description. Buyer must get in touch within 7 days of receipt if they wish to send it back. Buyer to pay return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by JawaT; 11-01-2016 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Dropped price.
11-01-2016, 06:02 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
Bump. Dropped the price. Free Shipping.
11-01-2016, 07:31 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
This is a great lens on apsc in my opinion. I have it and the FA 77. Both have strong points. This is smaller and cheaper than the FA 77 and still despite the slower aperture it makes lovely portraits.

To be fair I have no idea what it is like on a k-1 so don't take my apsc comment to mean anything negative - I just can't express an opinion with any conviction about it on the k-1 having never used a k-1.
11-01-2016, 08:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
If I didn't already have a da70, I'd be all over this! Good luck with the sale.

11-01-2016, 09:04 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JawaT Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax SMC PENTAX DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Lens with Lens Caps, Hood and Pouch

Asking Price
200.00 USD

Item Location
Bedford, MA (United States)

Item Description
Yet another gem from my lens collection that I am not doing justice to. So I am downsizing my photography gear.

For those of you not familiar with this lens, it is a fast prime - compact, lightweight, well-made portrait lens in very good condition. 105mm equivalent on APC DSLR camera bodies. Ideal for candid and street photography.

This copy works great and takes sharp, beautiful pictures. Autofocus is fast; manual focus is smooth and correctly damped. The glass shows no flaws - fungus, haze, noticeable dust, scratches, etc.

The metal barrel shows brassing and sign of use, but not of abuse. These Pentax Limited lenses are all metal construction, so they are very solid and rugged.

Comes with front and rear lens caps (generic), screw-on metal hood (also generic), and soft storage case/pouch.

I would be happy to answer questions. Here is some additional information on specifications:

The SMC PENTAX-DA 70mm F2.4 Limited lens is exclusively designed for use with PENTAX digital SLR cameras and features an ultra-thin pancake design, along with uni-focal, medium-telephoto optics. With a medium-telephoto perspective, this lens is ideal for many applications including landscape and portraiturescape. High-performance optics ensures outstanding image quality, and provides distinctive visual expression. Materials used for the 70mm F2.4 lens are selected for optimum holding comfort and operability. This little beauty is designed to be extremely thin and lightweight, for go-anywhere portability for casual, day-to-day snapshot photography.

Product Highlights
Video

Product Identifiers
UPC 0027075124790
Product Line Pentax SMCP-DA

Lens System
Type Telephoto
Focus Type Auto & Manual
Focal Length Fixed/Prime
Focal Length (mm) 70mm
Aperture f/2.4
Min Aperture 22
Additional Tech Characteristics DA

Dimensions
Diameter 2.5 inch
Weight 4.59 oz

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
Free

Shipping Services
USPS Economy. Insured.

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Return Policy & Additional Details
100% money back if the item does not match description. Buyer must get in touch within 7 days of receipt if they wish to send it back. Buyer to pay return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!
Please see sent email for purchase.
Steve
11-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
INterested, please let me know if it is still available
11-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Interested, please let me know if available