Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-30-2016, 11:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Really Right Stuff (RRS) Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot package for multi-row panos

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

NOTICE: NOW ON EBAY!
Really Right Stuff (RRS) Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot package for multi-row panos | eBay

Item for Sale
Really Right Stuff (RRS) Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot package for multi-row panos

Asking Price
630.00 USD 620.00 USD

Item Location
S.E. Pennsylvania (United States)

Item Description
Listing is for one Really Right Stuff Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot package (item code "Ult-Pro-OPP"). This package allows you to take perfect multi-row panoramas with both horizontal and vertical panning. Spirit levels help with leveling. It takes the guesswork out of overlapping the images thanks to the markings, and most importantly, it eliminates parallax by allowing you to position the camera/lens so that it rotates about the optical center ("nodal point").

I had purchased this new in Dec. 2009 and am the original owner. This has (sadly) not seen any use at all, except for me mounting it up to my tripod for testing-- so it's not doing me any good. I have to recoup some cash and am offering this well below retail.

Everything is in mint or like-new condition with all the original instructions and accompanying hardware. Two RRS neoprene pouches are included. An RRS dovetail adapter is included for mounting the PCL-1 panning clamp to an RRS-compatible ballhead. You will need an RRS-compatible mounting plate for your camera. (Note: RRS is mostly compatible with Arca-Swiss except for some rare exceptions. More notes notes about compatibility here: RRS - Guides for Quick Release Clamps)

Package includes:
  • PCL-1: Panning Clamp (x2)
  • CRD-Rail: Vertical rail w/ on-end clamp
  • MPR-192: 192mm Multi-purpose rail
  • MPR-CL II: MPR with integral clamp
  • PCL-DVTL: Dovetail Adapter for PCL-1

The instructions indicate that you might not be able to use super-wide lenses so please check that if you are interested.

Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
FREE within U.S.
Up to $25 credit on international. Buyer pays difference + customs/import fees.

Will ship insured, signature required.

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
These are very durable items, machined from solid metal. I expect that you won't receive any defective parts. If something's not right or missing, contact me within 3 days of delivery.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
XT1254  Photo 

Last edited by lightbox; 01-29-2017 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Updated price and shipping policy
10-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Just for the record, I use a RRS ballhead. Not the same item, but on my ballhead the construction quality is incredible.
10-31-2016, 12:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, Nass. RRS builds everything like a tank
10-31-2016, 11:08 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
I'm imagining some k-1 or k-3ii or k-70 user buying this then using pixelshift ar each position to ramp up the results. Wow!!!!

11-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You're making it hard for me to let go of this kit! I can only imagine what someone could achieve with Pixel Shift... which probably every Pentax camera from now on will have, I'm sure.

I wanted to call attention to some more information I dug up. First off, RRS have a video explaining your options if you intend to use either a very wide (15-16mm prime on FF) lens or a collared telephoto like a 70-200:

"How to choose a Nodal Slide"

The nodal slide included in my package works for most lenses, but if you fall into these two extremes there are options!

Also, I found this in the 2009 RRS catalog showing how a wildlife or sports photographer could get double duty from this kit. Screenshot attached.
Attached Images

Last edited by lightbox; 11-01-2016 at 08:07 PM.
11-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here it is mounted delicately on my tripod.
The post-it reads "'lightbox' on P.F. 2016-11-3"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
XT1254  Photo 

Last edited by lightbox; 11-03-2016 at 02:13 PM.
11-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Absolutely LOVE Really Right Stuff gear! Unfortunately, they've changed their website (not for the better, in my opinion) so that a search on your gear's name or item number brings up no matches. Here is what they are offering now, but I couldn't tell which current package corresponds most closely to yours: RRS - More

They seem to be offering a "lightweight" package (for mirrorless cameras, etc.), but I can't tell if it is the same thing as yours -- by "lightweight" they may simply mean it is made out of aluminum, as are all their brackets and attachments. I wish I could afford to take this set off of your hands, but living on Social Security since retirement limits my discretionary spending.

Someone is going to get a great deal on this package you are offering!

With kind regards,

Mark H.

11-06-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Mark,

Indeed they've updated their product lines. One thing that I noticed is they replaced the PCL-1 panning clamp with a newer PC-PRO clamp, but they look similar. I will fire off an e-mail to RRS for some answers, however I know that this kit I am selling will support APS-C and Full Frame cameras like the K-1.

If you look at the catalog page I posted above, that is exactly this kit shown with a Canon 20D (1.5 lbs.) + BG-E2 battery grip (10.2 oz) + ES 500 f/4L IS USM super telephoto (7+ lbs.)., all easily adding up to over 9 lbs. of gear.

A K-1 with D-BG6 battery grip + HD D FA 150-450 zoom is less than 8 lbs. A Sigma 500mm f/4.5 is only a couple pounds more. Anyway the purpose of the kit is for panoramas so most likely you'll be using much lighter lenses.

I think this kit is also CNC machined from 6061 aircraft grade aluminum (and black anodized) which seems to be a standard process for RRS parts. I'll try to confirm. In the meantime, if the moderators will permit, please look at the 2009 RRS catalog (link below) to get a better idea. The panorama gear starts on page 51 and my kit is listed on page 54.

2009 RRS catalog

QuoteOriginally posted by Mark H. Quote
Someone is going to get a great deal on this package you are offering!
Yes, they will!

Cheers
11-07-2016, 06:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
E-mail reply from Really Right Stuff support below!
Attached Images

11-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Still available!
11-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
bump.
11-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
bump.
11-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Humpty bumpty.

There's a matching Really Right Stuff L-plate for the K-1 currently being sold by another member. That goes perfectly with this kit and would be a complete package for a K-1 user looking to take perfect Panos.

My "CyberWeek" offer to you is free shipping within the U.S., or I will share the cost for international shipping (up to $25). Import / customs dues are your responsibility.

You know you want to! ;-)
12-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've updated my pricing and am now permanently offering FREE shipping within the U.S., or a $25 credit for international (buyer pays difference and customs/import fees). PayPal fees are my responsibility.

I think this represents a very good deal. Looking for a quick sale. Thank you.
01-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've now listed this on eBay for sale within the U.S. Please see my listing there: Really Right Stuff (RRS) Ultimate-Pro Omni-Pivot package for multi-row panos

Happy bidding and please check out my other items!