Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
[SOLD] *ist DS, DA 18-55, M50/1.7, off-brand 28 & 135

Having upgraded to the K200D & mk II lens a few months ago, I'm finally ready to find a home for my DS and its original recipe kit lens. After 3+ years and 17,000+ shots, they are in perfect working order (with the obligatory few hot pixels) and good-to-excellent cosmetic condition:

I have and am including all original accessories and packaging as well.

I would like $250 for the body & lens together, although I'm certainly open to selling them separately.

I also have available an M50/1.7 in what can only be described as "fair-at-best" cosmetic condition (but again, perfect working order), a Gemini MC 28/2.8, and a Focal MC 135/2.8 that are probably only barely worth listing separately, but that I'd be more than happy to throw in with the kit - say, an additional $50 for all three primes. It's actually not a bad starter low light combo.

Oh, one more thing: I have this completely cockamamy idea that someone might want to trade me a used DA 21 or DA 70 for the whole shebang. I just thought I'd throw that possibility out to the universe...

Please bear with me - I'm a bit nervous. This is my first for sale post here, and I want to play by the rules. And I'm ashamed to admit, I've barely posted at all on this forum, although some of you may recognize my name from the Pentax SLR Talk forum on "that other digital photography review site" (well, I know you can't mention this site over there; not sure about the converse). But I'm also apprehensive about parting with my DS. And I'm not one to sell off my old stuff lightly, so I have also have very little experience selling on Ebay. But I do have good feedback in limited use, and feel free to check out my posting history on that other forum to get a sense of who I am.price

Last edited by Marc Sabatella; 08-03-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: price reduction
08-01-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Price reduced.
08-03-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Price reduced one more time. I don't see anything in the rules about procedures to follow if I decide to try selling elsewhere. If no one expresses interest here, I'd like to put it up on Ebay. Can/should I remove this listing, should I list my current selling price here as a "buy it now" price on Ebay, etc?
08-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Price reduced one more time. I don't see anything in the rules about procedures to follow if I decide to try selling elsewhere. If no one expresses interest here, I'd like to put it up on Ebay. Can/should I remove this listing, should I list my current selling price here as a "buy it now" price on Ebay, etc?
"...You may only place links to your own eBay auctions after the auctioned item has been listed in the Marketplace for at least one week..." (c) HE

08-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for the info. I should have said, I didn't see anything I *understood* in the rules :-). Maybe I'm making this more complicated than it need be, but:

You may only place links to your own eBay auctions after the auctioned item has been listed in the Marketplace for at least one week...

OK, first: it seems to me something *not* an auctioned item until *after* I put it on Ebay. So if the rule talks about an "auctioned item" that "has been listed in the marketplace for at least one week", it appears to be telling what I can or cannot do with items that are *already* up for auction, and have *also* been listed here for a week. Second, *what* it tells me I can do at that point is "place links to your own Ebay auctions", not "put items up for auction". Which makes it again sound like we're talking about an item *already* up for auction, and I'm just finally able to place a link to that auction here after a week. Which isn't actually something I'd have thought about doing - I'd have thought the appropriate thing would be to completely remove the listing here.

So am I really to interpret this as, "items listed in the Marketplace can only be put up fo auction on Ebay after they have been listed in the Marketplace for a week"? That would certainly make sense as a rule, but that's not at all what the rule actually *says* as far as I can tell. Anyhow, I'm not asking to be picky - just to make sure I understand correctly.

Anyhow, I have received two PM's expressing interest in the body only and one on the M50/1.7, so it is probably moot. But I've also received an outside offer - totally unrelated to this forum - for the whole kit. So I'm still interested in understanding what is expected here...
08-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
JML
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Hi Marc,

It is not that complicated as you make it following literally the rules as they are written.
This forum has a rule in selling practice that when you want to put a link to an Ebay sale of your gear, this gear must be posted here for sale on this forum at least one week. Usually it is not an auction here, because you have to put on an expected price, but people can or do make offers on your gear.

Of course you can put your stuff on Ebay without a link here whenever you like, but then you have to remove your thread here.
You are free to sell your stuff to anyone outside this forum as you like.
(Though it would be polite to sell your gear only once, :-) and do not get mixed up to who you sell it...)

Good luck with your sale!

greetz JM
08-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The manual lenses are sold. Although there has been interested in the body alone, it is still available via this forum and not yet on Ebay. And I would still *prefer* to sell the DS and 18-55 together, I am entertaining offers for them separately.
08-11-2008, 04:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Email sent PMing now

08-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Things moved along slowly but surely, and all is now gone except the 18-55 (version 1) kit lens, for which I am asking $50, including the hood and (non-original) caps.