Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
[SOLD] Various Filters and Hoods $5-$10

Somewhere along the way, I've acquired too many filters and hoods. Prices are as noted. Shipping is a flat $5 in the US no matter how many you buy. Canada is a flat $10. Shipping is by first class mail. I can do international for about $20. Payment via paypal. I have many positive reviews on this site.

All filters are scratch-free and have no dents. If they include cases, they are noted as such. They are in order of size:

Sold $5 - Kenko 30.5mm UV with case. Brand New Unopened. (Good for DA40)

Sold $10 - Genuine Pentax 30.5mm L39UV filter with case. Mint condition. (Good for DA40)

$6 - Genuine Canon 55mm Haze 1 filter. Mint Condition. (Haze filters have stronger than normal UV blocking capabilities. Supposedly they can filter out some "haze", regardless, they work well as protectors).

$8 - Hoya 62mm Linear Polarizer. Mint condition including original case and box. Pentax AF cameras have no problems with linear polarizers. I have used it on my K100 and K10 without any problems.

$7 - B+W 55mm Neutral Density x2 filter with padded case. Like New Condition. These are the F-Pro versions Made in Germany. Very nice. Since these are normally very expensive, it is probably better to just buy 52mm and 49mm step up rings for these filters. (In case you don’t know what a Neutral Density filter does, here is a question: What do you do if you want the nice bokeh or shallow depth of field of a fast lens, but you are in daylight and the camera shutter speed cannot keep up? Answer of course is to use a ND filter to slow things down. ) I have a number of these. Get them while you can!

$3 – Coastar 49mm UV filter. With nice silver highlight, a bit of a retro style to fit in with your older lenses.

Sold $6 – Hoya 52mm 4-star filter with case. Mint Condition. Creates a nice 4-star effect on light sources. This one has a handle like some polarizers so you can rotate the star to your liking.

Sold $10 – Genuine Pentax 49mm diameter Telephoto Metal Hood (Screw-in). Good Condition. Some light wear on the rim. Minimal scratches With the crop factor, this hood should for anything from 85mm-200mm lenses. Made in Japan.

$7 – Vivitar 55mm diameter Metal Hood (Screw-in). Excellent Condition. Just a bit of wear on the rim. I have used it on a 50mm lens (with a step up ring) without any issues. Probably will be good for lenses between 50-100mm.

Hood Pic

Sold $5 – Genuine Pentax 67mm diameter Wide Angle Metal Hood (Screw-in). This hood is designed for the Pentax M 45-125mm zoom. It says 58mm on the hood, but it is definitely 67mm in diameter. In fair condition. Has wear and very minor unevenness on the rim. Probably good for wide angle lenses of around 35mm.

$10 – Genuine Pentax 6x7 Square Lens Hood (Bayonet type). Dedicated hood meant for the 105mm f4 6x7 medium format lens. In fair condition. A few small scuffs and marks here and there with the usual rim wear. Entirely usable.

$30 – Genuine Pentax 49mm Square Metal Lens Hood. Like New condition, with good condition case. Designed for the SMC Takumar 28mm f3.5 lens. However in examining it, it is almost the exact same dimensions as the square hood for the 50mm lenses and can be used as such with no problems (I have tried it on my FA50). It uses a unique twist friction mount so that it can mount on any lens with a 49mm barrel. (Three little rubber feet come out and grip the barrel of your lens when you turn it.) It is a very unique and extremely high quality hood. In basically new condition. Rare find.

Sold $10 – Vintage GE Selenium Light Meter. Still Works with ok condition leather case. Very cute and interesting item.

Light Meter Pic

$10 – Little Kodak Rangefinder Viewfinder for 35mm and 80mm lenses. It’s cute and comes with its own good condition leather case.

Viewfinder Pic

I am also selling a few other items right now, if you buy them together, you can get a reduced shipping price on the lens and free shipping on the filters and hoods.

SMC Pentax M 28mm f2.8

Last edited by Youngster; 09-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.
07-31-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 181 (100%)
PM sent on 2 hoods on 49mm and 67mm and 1 star filter.

Thanks,
Hin
08-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
do you have a pic of the GE light meter?

Doh! Never mind.