Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
[SOLD] Tamron 24mm f2.5 Adaptall-2 Lens (Late Model) in excellent condition $75.

For Sale: Tamron 24mm f2.5 Adaptall-2 Lens (Late Model) in excellent condition -$75 Sold.

At f2.5, it allows 25% more light in than a f2.8. The glass is excellent condition. No yellowing, scratches or fungus of any kind. Multicoating is perfect. The only real wear is on the stenciled lettering where it says “Tamron” and “24mm” and a little brassing on the aperature ring. The focus is really smooth and the aperture clicks solidly. Being a wide angle lens, focus is really easy as the depth of field makes sure everything beyond 3’ is in focus. The diaphragm blades are snappy. Mechanically it is perfect. There is one piece of dust which is noticeable on the rear element (see photo). However, I have used this lens many times and I have never noticed any effect from it. In fact, I have had at least four (Pentax, Simga, Tamrons) 24mm’s thus far and this one is the sharpest of the bunch f4 and up. Full size sample pictures available upon request.

Sample Pic

Included are the Original rear cap, generic front cap and a Like New Vivtar Neutral Density Filter x2 with filter case (Very useful when you want to get good bokeh using the lens wide open under sunlight).

This Tamron lens has an adaptall-2 interchangable mount system. You can put on any adaptall mount you want and have it work for Pentax, Nikon, Canon, etc. Currently, it is being sold with a Ricoh mount which has the “Jamming Pin” removed so it functions exactly like a Pentax PK/M mount. I guarantee it will not jam on your camera. I have used it on my K10 and K100 numerous times without any issues. If you prefer an “A” lens, you can purchase an Adaptall PK/A mount and this lens will have Auto Aperature functionality. (However, to be honest, “A” mounts are generally quite expensive, but if you have or plan on acquiring a collection of quality Tamron adaptall lenses, then it is well worth it.) Otherwise, this lens will perform as a standard M lens on your camera.

Asking $75+shipping

International buyers are most welcome; I ship internationally all the time. Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail:

$7 in US
$15 to Canada
$25 Internationally

I have many reviews on this forum as well as on ebay. References provided upon request.

I am also selling a few other items right now, if you buy them together, you can get a reduced shipping price on the lens and free shipping on the filters and hoods.

SMC Pentax M 28mm f2.8

Hoods and Filters, Pentax, B+W, etc.

Super Takumar 55mm f1.8

Last edited by Youngster; 09-11-2008 at 08:34 PM.
08-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (80%)
Any pictures to see how it performs?

thanks

tasha
08-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
PM sent about lens