PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
PENTAX DA* SMC 50-135mm f/2.8 LENS

Asking Price
335.00 USD

Item Location
Nova Scotia (Canada)

Item Description
Lens is in excellent cosmetic condition, the glass is perfect and the aperture is snappy.The chap I bought it from, approximately six months ago, said he had the SDM fixed under warranty. I find that it's sometimes slow to "wake up" (in the six months that it's been in my possession it always does) the focusing is slow and squeaky. It may eventually become a candidate for the screwdrive conversion, although I have another copy, that I've owned for eight or nine years, that behaves in the exact same way and has been acting that way for about five years. The slow focusing, I believe, is more or less normal for this lens.

It comes with the original box and manual, as well as the caps and hood as pictured. The hood has a piece missing, where it mates up to the lens. When you twist it onto the lens you do not get that satisfying click to tell you it's locked into place. I've tried shaking it to dislodge it but it stays in place.

Having said all of that the lens does take beautiful photos and I've priced it based on its condition.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Actual Cost

Shipping Services
Canada Post

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I will pay the PayPal fees.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

12-29-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Just a reminder that if someone wants this and doesn't want to take the SDM risk but also doesn't want convert it arrangements can be made to have me convert it. I'd hate to see this lens linger due to SDM fear.
12-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
If I didn't have one of these I would be all over this one. Excellent lens. I wouldn't let it go.
12-30-2016, 10:10 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Just a reminder that if someone wants this and doesn't want to take the SDM risk but also doesn't want convert it arrangements can be made to have me convert it. I'd hate to see this lens linger due to SDM fear.
Tell me more!

---------- Post added 12-31-16 at 05:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by doroth2 Quote
Tell me more!
Never mind. I just saw your post regarding conversions. Thanks! Seriously considering this lens.