PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
K5IIs Damaged

Asking Price
100.00 USD

Item Location
Texas-USA (United States)

Item Description
This was my favorite Pentax ever, such joy it has brought me......almost as much as my K1...until the horrible accident last year when it fell off a shelf with the Bigma 50-500 mounted. It pulled the mount out of the camera and though ..thankfully, the Bigma was completely undamaged, the K5IIs was.

I managed to re-install the mount and continued shooting for a long wait until I got the K1 Mrs Rupert bought me to replace it. I intended to have it repaired, but use only the K1 and it has been in the box since the K1 arrived, doing no one any good.

Here is the situation as best as I can describe.....

*It will shoot in M mode and you can control the speed but not the aperture on auto lenses like the Bigma. In those it always shoots wide open.

*It will work well with MF lenses and you can set the aperture on the lens and the speed on the camera.

For a manual shooter with some good manual lenses this should work well. I did love this camera so much for the IQ and low light abilities...and it still produces in those areas...maybe better than my K1!

*ALL SHOOTING is MF...no AF avialable.

*There may be other little quirks I am not aware of, but it will still take wonderful shots as always!

Comes with the two cords, a battery and a 4G SD card and manual +CD.

Body is in excellent condition other than stated and the LCD is clear and unscratched.

Best Regards!...as always Otis Squirrel has no involvement in this sale. You can trust what I have said as the honest truth!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Guarantee it is as I describe it. If not send 'er back!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

01-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Damn, if I didn't already have a K5 II (not the S like yours) and had money to "play", I'd be all over this.

For luck, here's a squirrel shot at 800mm, my A 400/5.6 + T6-2X teleconverter... so all manual, baby! With practice it can be done, and not too hard.

01-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Original Poster
On my Flickr starting on P7 there are many shots with the damaged K5IIs. When you rollover them they will say (-MF)
Yard Birds | Flickr

Such as this is one...

Same here in the Squirrel Gallery around P4.
Army of Otis | Flickr

Like this one.

The red Focus confirmation light still works, so it is a help in MF shooting.

Hope someone can use this camera....it cries at night to be let out of the box and back in the world of light!

Regards!
01-07-2017, 11:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 35 (100%)
PM sent

01-07-2017, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
or luck, here's a squirrel shot at 800mm, my A 400/5.6 + T6-2X teleconverter... so all manual, baby! With practice it can be done, and not too hard.
Thanks Luftfluss! It got 'er sold!

Regards!