PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Op/Tech USA complete Utility Sling Strap kit, with numerous extras

Asking Price
35.00 USD

Item Location
Quebec (Canada)

Item Description
I'm selling my complete Op/Tech USA system. I've discovered that I'm not much of a "strap guy" in the end. My loss is your gain.

When discussing straps, Peak Design and Op/Tech are the two most recommended systems. I like the Op/Tech because of its extreme modularity (see below). The quality of the product is top-notch, my items have always been well cared for, they look basically new.

So what does 35$ get you? First there's the custom-made, Pentax red Utility strap (top on the picture). A fully padded neoprene strap, with grippy dots on the inside to control friction, and a stiff elastic band running on the outside, to attach accessories.

This strap was meant, originally, to be paired with the sling strap (second from top). That's how I used it most of the time. Attach the camera to one or two of the buckles and you have a comfortable sling with the camera to your right.

Should you want the camera to your left, simply use the included gender changers (center).

You can also use the utility strap with extenders (bottom) and turn it into a regular neck strap.

If you're a hiker, or just want something different, I also include two reporter extensions. These are meant to attach to the straps on your backpack (but really they can attach almost anywhere). They let the camera attah to the backpack directly, removing the need to use the strap itself when you're burdened with your backpack. I used this system a lot when hiking, in particular in Valley of Fire near Las Vegas, and it was a charm.

To attach to the camera, you loop the clips to the lugs on your camera. You get five clips in this kit, enough for two cameras and/or a couple of heavy lenss with their own tripod plates. For instance, with my 60-250 I used a plate with a lug and left a clip permanently attached. I used that clip instead of the one on the camera to carry the system.

You can pair different components, too, like the extenders and the sling, in order to make a very long sling.

The length of the various straps can be adjusted at will. All the buckles are plastic, and won't scratch your equipment.

It's really a fine system, and this particular kit is pretty complete. You'll enjoy it.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
QC

Shipping Services
Canada Post preferred

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Special cases to be discussed

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

03-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Great system, I had a couple Black Rapid R-Straps then Op/Tech released this, and I find the Op/Tech far superior and a lot cheaper to boot. Good luck with the sale.
03-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Great System

Indeed a wonderful and reliable system I use most of what is being offered as well as the wrist strap. Highly recommended.
03-17-2017, 05:32 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 67 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks for the comments. I hope someone gets the chance to use this system.