08-11-2008, 09:00 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
[SOLD] F/S: Pentax M42 screw mount Super Macro Takumar F/4 50mm

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
F/S: Pentax M42 screw mount Super Macro Takumar F/4 50mm

Item Description
For Sale:

-This is a M42 Mount Super Macro Takumar, non-SMC. F/1:4 50mm Prime Macro. S/N 2933682 I have had this lens for about six months, but am unloading it due to picking up a Vivitar 100mm Macro, which these shots were taken with.

-Glass is almost flawless, with a couple of tiny dust spots, but I haven't seen them effect my picture quality with this lens. No Fungus.

-I bought this from Midstate Camera Exchange in Warwick, RI. The owner assures me that he will not buy or service lenses with fungus. I have a M42 Screwmount to Pentax K adapter, but cannot sell it due to having other M42 mount lenses I need it for. You can pick one up on ebay or if you are lucky from Pentax's American webstore for about $20-30. I recommend only buying the Pentax brand adapter, not a branded, el-cheapo ebay adapter. If you buy the el-cheapo I hope you don't get it stuck in your camera body! I will throw in a pic of the adapter just for reference. Again the adapter is NOT for sale.

-I am looking to get $75+ shipping to offset the cost of the Vivitar. The lens has slight coating/paint wear on the focusing ring, but nothing really bad. I would call the lens in Good to Very good shape for its age. This will also fit any M42 screw camera besides Pentax bodies, including Praktica, Zenit, and any other M42 bodies. There are M42 to EOS adapters out there also that I have seen, for you Canon guys who might want to try a great piece of old glass.

C/N

F/S M42 Pentax 1:4/50mm Super Macro Takumar in good to very good shape. No adapter included. $75 + shipping, pretty firm. (For what a 50mm Pentax Macro goes for on ebay, this is a steal!) I will also throw in a Takumar Leather hard case, that says Takumar 4/50 on it, but I don't think it was built for this lens, as it fits in there rather tight, but if you put the mount facing up, the lens fits, and lets you store the lens safely.

Here are the pics:

First a shot taken with this lens on my K10D

Next the lens pics:

The Case:

The adapter ring that is not included, but you should buy this one if you can find one, and if you don't already have a M42 to Pentax K-mount adapter.

If interested, PM me. Or post. If shipped in lower 48, I will only ask for $10 for shipping, and eat the cost if it is more. If outside CONUS, I will calculate the shipping based on desitination, and type of shipping requested by the buyer.

Thanks,

Andy

Let me know if the pics aren't showing up. I am writing this from work where photobucket is blocked. I am basically copying this from a thread already over on NewSchoolOfPhotography

If there are any other questions let me know.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Good

Item Location
Griswold, CT USA

Asking Price
$75

Shipping Charge
$10 Lower 48. Calculated if out of USA.

Shipping Services
UPS, USPS, Fed-ex

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Additional Details
None

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Donkeypunch; 08-11-2008 at 09:07 AM.
08-11-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
PM sent. Would be cool to use this with a set of extension tubes or bellows
08-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Original Poster
PM replied to
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 64 (100%)
Wow, what a screen name