Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 37 (100%)
Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4.0 (Komine Version 3)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4.0 (Komine Version 3)

Asking Price
175.00 USD

Item Location
Chicago (United States)

Item Description
Selling a like new, mint condition Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4.0 zoom lens.

Comes in original box with original front and rear caps.

Purchased as new old stock. Lens is in mint condition. Glass is perfect, no scratches, haze or fungus. Aperture blades are clean and snappy.

Always kept in an air tight container with color indicating silica gel desiccants.

There are several versions of this lens. This is the more desirable Komine made 'Version 3' which is the sharpest and has 9 aperture blades for excellent bokeh. You can read more about it here and in the review section here.

This lens also has the 'A' setting. These versions are hard to find. This allows you to change aperture through the camera. Plus the camera records the aperture setting in the EXIF.

Asking $175 plus shipping. Canadian buyers please contact me for a shipping quote if interested.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Actual Shipping Cost

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Lens is in excellent condition and accurately described. However if there are any issues I'll work them out with the buyer.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

05-11-2017, 04:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
Selling a like new, mint condition Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4.0 zoom lens. [...]

There are several versions of this lens. This is the more desirable Komine made 'Version 3' which is the sharpest and has 9 aperture blades for excellent bokeh. [...]

This lens also has the 'A' setting. These versions are hard to find. This allows you to change aperture through the camera. Plus the camera records the aperture setting in the EXIF.

This is an excellent chance for someone to own one of these beauties. With the possible exception of the sixth (Apochromatic) version of the VS1 70-210 series of MF zooms, the third version may be the sharpest and most contrasty ("contrastiest"?) version (which Modern Photography lens tests of the first three versions also demonstrate).

Having the A functionality is a definite plus for metering convenience on a Pentax DSLR. Since the third (Komine-built) version was in production when Pentax introduced the KA mount with the introduction of the Super Program / Super A, the third version can be found in both K- and KA-mount trim -- I don't think that the KA-mount version is exactly rare, but I do think that owners are unlikely to sell them very often.

Having a variable aperture (f/2.8-4), does mean though, that, unless one is using the lens at or close to the wide end of the zoom range, the EXIF info will tend to show aperture values that may not always be correct. Nonetheless, the metering will still be correct, even if it seems as if the EXIF data may be overly "generous" for the aperture when zoomed to the long end of the zoom range.

I also have one of these that I picked up as NOS (also in the OEM box), or I'd already have grabbed this myself.
05-12-2017, 03:07 AM   #3

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Finally. PM sent. Been looking for a good one of these. I have the version 2, K mount and was looking for the KA version of the 3.