Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
2 Cactus V6 II Wireless Flash Transceivers

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
2 Cactus V6 II Wireless Flash Transceivers

Asking Price
140.00 USD all
70.00 USD each

Item Location
Portland, Maine (United States)

Item Description
I've had an extraordinary five-year photographic journey traveling around the world capturing street, social, and event activities for a wide variety of organizations and gained recognition for it. As a bonus, it's helped me open doors for many others to do the same. Now it's time for me to move on; to focus on family, work, and my next crazy life adventure, but without a DSLR camera kit. I hope this gear enables the visions you hold in your head and heart. It has for me.

2 - Cactus V6 II Wireless Flash Transceivers
* Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V6 II DICFLAWFTV6II B&H Photo
* These are updated to the latest firmware which supposedly includes Pentax TTL pass-thru, though I've not tested for such. I use one transceiver on the camera and three off-camera for the speed lights. This unit makes it so easy to control light output for my Pentax AF540FGZ II and Metz 52 speed lights. When used in conjunction with a light meter, headshot lighting setups only take a few minutes. Bought a few months after release.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
$ 12.50 all
$ 6.50 each

Shipping Services
USPS Priority shipping

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
* Refund upon return if DOA.
* North American shipping prices shown.
* Shipping is combinable with other sales.
* Offers welcome.
* Payment via PayPal or credit cards with an invoice.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by comprock; 06-17-2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: single pricing
06-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Location: Portland, Montreal, Menton, Dubai, Pondicherry, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Coupeville
Original Poster
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Would it be correct to assume you can plop one on the body as the transmitter, and then use the other three as receivers for your three off-camera flashes? And since I'm fairly new to flash photography and not familiar with the gear, do you also get to have a fourth on the body, as well, if you wanted it?
06-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Are you prepared to part these out, or do you want to get rid of them all together as one lot? I need to add one or two more to my setup.

06-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
@disord3r I used run one V6 II on my camera as the transmitter and master controller. The other three would go onto a Pentax 540II and two Metz 52-1. What a great, flexible setup.

@paulster I'd prefer to sell as a set. Else, I'll part out for $ 70/each.

---------- Post added Jun 16th, 2017 at 20:24 ----------

2 V6 IIs are pending sale.
06-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #6

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by comprock Quote
@disord3r I used run one V6 II on my camera as the transmitter and master controller. The other three would go onto a Pentax 540II and two Metz 52-1. What a great, flexible setup.
Cool, figured. Do you get to use the shoe on the transmitter when it's acting as the master controller on the body? I don't know if people do that often enough for Cactus to have bothered with that functionality.
06-16-2017, 05:53 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by disord3r Quote
Cool, figured. Do you get to use the shoe on the transmitter when it's acting as the master controller on the body? I don't know if people do that often enough for Cactus to have bothered with that functionality.
If you're wanting front fill, then you can run with a flash on top of the Cactus unit. That top flash unit can be master, slave, etc. The Cactus V6 IIs allow for P-TTL pass-thru. Even better, with the latest firmware, as these have, should even transmit P-TTL.

I've Elinchrom BRX500 studio lights, with a Skyport remote so the Cactus could go on the camera first, and then Elinchrom control on top of that. With that setup, I could run 5 lights remotely from my camera. Really slick scenario, but not needed in most conditions.

What would you like to accomplish? I often used lighting for group photos and headshots. That's where much of my lighting experience comes from.

---------- Post added Jun 17th, 2017 at 05:16 ----------

2 sold, 2 pending sale