Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
[SOLD] *ist D | Grip D-BG1 | 18-55mm Lens

NOW ON EBAY WHERE YOU CAN SAVE 30% - Item number 170270883206

Hello. I have for sale a well used but good condition *ist D kit including 18-55mm kit lens and D-BG1 grip. Price for everything is $294 USD after live.com 30% cashback promotion.

I bought it for its small size and great built quality and advanced feature set, and I'm so happy I did! I love this little camera. Recently I had the chance to buy a brand new one and I couldn't resist, so I'm selling this setup as a kit. This is so much camera for the price and might make a great starter kit for someone who wants to get serious about photography on a bit of a budget.

It has features like a pentaprism viewfinder, the ability to use TTL as well as P-TTL flashes, wireless flash support, great manual controls, custom white balance button, PC sync socket, remote computer control, multiple exposure mode, spot meter, dual control wheels, lighted top display, multiple programmable command lines, AA battery support and on and on ...

This was the pro flagship camera and I'm always amazed at its combination of feature set, compact size and deluxe feel. Paired with some limited primes or small manual focus lenses it is the perfect "take anywhere" and "hardly be noticed camera" for the thoughtful photographer.

Along with the camera is an 18-55mm I lens in good condition. The optics are scratch free and in great overall condition.

Finally I'm including a vertical battery grip which is also in nice condition. This adds support for additional battery life as well as a portrait mode hand grip, shutter release and additional set of control dials plus AE lock.

I have included lots of pictures. Click the "Enlarge" link below each for a very detailed view. There are a few small points to highlight.

1st) You can see in the picture showing the backup battery on the bottom camera view that one of the small tabs (on the cover not the body) that locks the small battery cover in place is missing. With the grip this does not matter, as the grip keeps it securely in place. Without the grip it needs a small piece of gaff tape to hold it in place. It really only needs a strip to cover that side of the round disc since the tab on the opposite tab is still there. New replacements are available from Pentax for $20 shipped.

2nd) The rubber plug covering the wired remote release input has come off. This has never affected me in the least, but they too are available from Pentax. I'm not sure how much they are. I think you could combine shipping and get both items for less than $30.

3rd) There are some very fine scratches on the rear lcd. None are deep enough that you can feel them with your finger or anything.

4th) There is a VERY small depression on the shutter release button, but it is so small it cannot be felt with a finger so it won't bother you. I just wanted to give full disclosure especially since there was some glare on that part in the picture.

5th) The front lens cap for the 18-55mm lens is aftermarket but it is good quality and fits well. The back lens cap (original) is never shown but IS included. ALSO included (but not shown) is a Tiffen UV filter that I usually kept on there to protect the front element.

OK that's it. All in all its a fine camera with lots of life for someone. All boxes are included. See pictures for accessories like paperwork, software, strap, usb cable, eyepiece cover, etc.

I take paypal (no surcharge) and will ship pretty much anywhere for actual shipping cost by carrier of your choice. Please PM me with any questions. I am honest and hope for a smooth transaction.

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Last edited by QuixoticTonic; 10-11-2008 at 10:27 PM.
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
grip only

How much for the grip only?
Tanks , ligonestra
08-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
Grip only

QuoteOriginally posted by ligonestra Quote
How much for the grip only?
Tanks , ligonestra
Thanks for the inquiry.

I'm going to old off on selling anything separately for now. I'll probably make new listing if/when I change my mind. I'll contact you about the grip first.

Chris
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Interested in any trades?

08-22-2008, 06:16 PM   #5

Original Poster
Trades

Sure. What do you have? I'd be interested in lots of things. Limited lenses, eyepiece magnifier, split image focus screen, wide angle zoom, maybe a fisheye...

Let me know about anything really.

Chris
08-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 23 (100%)
Sony A100
08-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #7

Original Poster
Not what I was expecting. Not sure I need to pick up another system right now. But thanks

Chris
09-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #8

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
ist d sale

QuixoticTonic ,

Do you stillhave this unit for sale?

Colin

09-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #9

Original Poster
Yes it's still for sale

Yes it's still for sale. Please take it off my hands

Now on eBay where you can get 30% off with live.com cashback promo!

Thanks!

Chris

Last edited by QuixoticTonic; 10-11-2008 at 10:15 PM.
09-29-2008, 03:58 AM   #10
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 12 (100%)
PM sent re: trade
10-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #11

Original Poster
Now on eBay for $310 shipped after 30% off promo

Now on eBay for $310 shipped after 30% off promo.

Check it out! Item number 170270883206