Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
[SOLD] PENTAX SMC SPOTTING SCOPE PF65ED and XF 20-60 Zoom

Hello...I am selling most of my equipment,and i decided to post this scope here in the PENTAX Forum,for different reasons.Most threads focus on Digital SLR bodies,and Pentax Lenses,but maybe some of you would be interested in different approaches to Photography,so i thought the spotting scope and zoom,Both PENTAX top of the line sports optics,would fit ok.
This scope has seen very little use,is in PERFECT /Excellent/minty condition and so is the zoom eyepiece.All glass is pristine ,unmarked,as a matter of fact almost never has been cleaned.(small strikes in picture are rain splashes and i have not even cleaned them!)
If you are not familiar with spotting scopes,they are optical instruments that create high magnification ,for observation or photography ,using an objective,prisms ,and an eyepiece (ocular)to gather the image.
The PENTAX PF65ED is waterproof /nitrogen filled,rubber armored,very field friendly,uses high quality ED glass and PEntax SMC multicoating.The scope uses interchangeable Astronomy style eyepieces,and PENTAX actually makes the best in the world.the scope is fitted with PENTAX SMC XF 20-60X zoom eyepiece,also waterproof,and image quality of this combo is VERY GOOD.This is the STRAIGHT version,which is a bit brighter and more natural for photographic use.
The Scope can be attached,via a camera adapter(not included),to a DSLR for primary focus photography OR can be used for AFOCAL photography,or DIGISCOPING(any of you familiar with this term?).In digiscoping you use the lens in your DSLR or P&S camera to focus THROUGH the scope eyepiece,allowing for enormous Magnification..All in all another PENTAX high Quality instrument ,a very versatile way to enjoy nature and photography at the same time...
ZOOM HAS BEEN NOW SOLD.
SCOPE BODY ONLY REDUCED TO 300$ SHIPPED WORLD WIDE !!!!!!!!!!
I will ship worlwide,add shipping and fees to the final price.the scope is VERy compact and LIGHTWEIGHT(2 pounds perhaps)so,it wouldnt be more expensive than shipping a regular Photo lens...
i have some good feedback for previous transactions in the forum and some more on Ebay.I like Paypal for convenience and security .
Thanks

Attached Images

Last edited by mayoapo; 08-30-2008 at 01:07 PM.
08-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Zoom eyepiece is now Pending payment.So only the Scope body is for sale at this moment.
any offer best of 350$+shipping , would be accepted.This is a really good deal in a fantastic piece of equipment.You can use ANY ,american standard(1 1/4")astronomy style eyepiece.If you already have a telescope and eyepieces ,well ,perfect.if you dont,this eyepieces are widely available ,and ready for any budget:Inexpensive ,decent quality perfect for begginers or Really excellent quality ,expensive ones.With the mid of the road,reasonably priced ones,being an excellent choice in this scope(vixen,baader,etc)...

Last edited by mayoapo; 08-22-2008 at 10:35 AM.
08-22-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK....365$..(Dollar a day for a year!!!!)for the scope ,body only..SHIPPED WORLWIDE,ALL FEES COVERED....

I think this is a very good deal!
thanks

Last edited by mayoapo; 08-22-2008 at 11:26 PM.
08-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price is now 350$ shipped

Last edited by mayoapo; 08-24-2008 at 08:03 PM.
08-24-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
350$ SHIPPED...it surprise me that no one had interest in this piece of equipment,,this is a killer price,and this scope is top of the line pentax sports optics and a great buy to anyone into nature photography or observation.......
08-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well i want to sale the scope....LAST REDUCTION 300 dollars SHIPPED/fees covered...this is roughly half price for a top of the line scope...
few more days and EEEEEEEEEEEEb@y
08-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Have you ever used the spotting scope with your camera?
08-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I havent used the scope with a Camera Adapter for prime focus,and i dont have a P&S at the time,but i have done extensive Digiscoping with my other PENTAX,my Vixen scope and my KOWA TSN824.I do have an adapter for SLR for the Kowa scope,and it does work well with the K10 and K200.I do rather using an Eyepiece and a P&S when using a scope though,It can reach Easily magnifications equivalent to 5000mm ,and get excellent results...I cant find any pictures at the time,but I will try to shoot TROUGH the scope with the K200/kit lens combo and see if i get any results worth of posting...

08-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
NEW BUMP!!!! (easier than ebay!!!)...300$ shipped to the world!....
this is VERY inexpensive..
thanks