PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Uni-loc System 1700 Tripod

Asking Price
125.00 USD

Item Location
Knoxville, TN (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale is probably the most versatile tripod for nature/macro photography made, the Uni-loc 1700 System tripod. I bought this from a gent in the UK a couple of years back and have had a great time taking it over hill and dale here in the Smokies since. (I'm only selling because I got bitten by the film bug, and will be needing the "Major" series for my P67 kit.)

Two things make the Uni-loc unique:

1.) the independently adjustable legs that can be locked down with a simple turn of a lever (the famous "bent-bolt" design.) Any sort of a terrain, whether on a hillside or in a streambed, just kick the legs spread, jigger until roughly level, then twist and you're ready to go.

2.) for the "System" tripods, the adjustable center column has a 180-degree articulating arm on one end, which gives you even more control over lens placement, or better yet, a way to do a quick "ground set" easily.

First, a bit of literature:
http://www.uniloctripod.com/UNI-LOC%20Tripod%20Buyers%20Guide%20-WEB.pdf

And a video:

This tripod is in used, good shape--functionally perfect, with a few scuffs and missing caps on the 180-degree joint adjustment knob. Original tripod bag will be included--be warned it is a bit dusty and the previous owner was using a paperclip for a the missing zipper pull. The Uni's use 1/4" tripod studs, so please remind me and I will throw in a reducer bushing to get you to 3/8" if need be.

Price, $125 Shipped, Continental US; will consider offers from international buyers, with shipping at actual cost.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Accepted only if item is not in condition described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 10-04-17 at 05:41 AM ----------

Just to give you an idea of why I think this is the ultimate wildflower tripod--the 180-degree arm often lets you drop the lens "under" the bloom to get a much cleaner background than if you were simply shooting down onto the forest floor. The adjustability of the tripod's legs allows you to be much kinder to the surrounding environment as well.

10-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Sent a pm
10-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Angel Perez Quote
Sent a pm

On hold!