Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Functional AF film body that works with FG grip

I can't remember if it's only the MZ/ZX's that work with the FG grip, but I think it probably is... My ZX-5 died in August and have been looking for a reasonable deal to replace it since then. Problem is that I scored the ZX-5 and a budget lens (F35-80) and the FG grip a couple years ago for a grand total of $20. Got a couple functional years out of it at that (not knowing how lucky* I was that it kept working). So it's hard to spend a lot this time around, with the impression from the reviews especially that any of these models could die in a heartbeat... But make me an offer if you have something!

*I did get unlucky with the ZX-5 too. It chose to die suddenly on a special trip taking my daughter to start college in Oregon and helped me ruin an almost finished roll of Portra 400 that I'd been shooting for a few months. If I knew more what I was doing with film might have spared the roll, but out of desperation in the moment on that beach with my daughter looking pretty in low light decided to risk ruining that roll to burn another, hoping it was just a problem with the film itself... But it wasn't the film and ruined the next roll too...

12-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM sent.
12-02-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 108 (100%)
todd, I have a ZX-M that I don't use. I think it can be used with the grip. It just needs batteries. If you cover for shipping I can send it to you.
12-04-2017, 07:11 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
PM sent