PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro Lens - Pentax K-Mount

Asking Price
140.00 USD

Item Location
Central Texas (United States)

Item Description

NOTE: The box shown in the photo is no longer available.

This has been my "go-to" lens - crisp, sharp images, very good close-up capability (SIgma calls it "macro" - I call it "close-up")

Lens is in very-good to excellent condition - there's some minor scuffs - mostly on the lens hood but the glass is clean and clear and the aperture blades are clean, oil free, and snappy.

This isn't the HSM version, but the focus is quick and accurate - I never had any issues with it.

As I said, this was my "go-to" lens for quite some time - did lots of flower photography and chasing the grandkids with it!! A lot of car photos too.

But, since I've sold off my Pentax DSLRs, I don't have a need for this anymore - I'll miss it.

Asking $140 USD - shipping to CONUS and PayPal fees included.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included to CONUS

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Shipping to the US and PayPal fees are included in the price.
Overseas shipping figure an additional $10-20.
Please, no return unless I've screwed up the listing.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 60D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 60D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 60D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 60D  Photo 

Last edited by ChipB; 03-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.
12-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Payment sent
02-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 61 (100%)
Original Poster
After purchasing a Pentax K-S2 (so I could test the lens after it's return) and extensive testing, I've found no issues with with lens so it's back up for sale.
02-12-2018, 10:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by ChipB Quote
After purchasing a Pentax K-S2 (so I could test the lens after it's return) and extensive testing, I've found no issues with with lens so it's back up for sale.
I gather that the previous buyer had some issue with the lens?

This is why I hate selling DSLR lenses. Due to the way the autofocus systems work on DSLR's, it's common for a lens to need adjustment before it works properly on a different body. And some people are unable, or unwilling, to adjust the focus themselves, and they want to blame the lens.

Good luck on your sale. I would be interested in using this lens as a replacement for my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 that died, but I'm moving more and more towards my mirrorless system these days, partly because of the body/lens calibration issue inherent to DSLRs.

02-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I gather that the previous buyer had some issue with the lens?

This is why I hate selling DSLR lenses. Due to the way the autofocus systems work on DSLR's, it's common for a lens to need adjustment before it works properly on a different body. And some people are unable, or unwilling, to adjust the focus themselves, and they want to blame the lens.

Good luck on your sale. I would be interested in using this lens as a replacement for my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 that died, but I'm moving more and more towards my mirrorless system these days, partly because of the body/lens calibration issue inherent to DSLRs.
You would be right - buyer claimed it didn't focus???

I've used the lens without any focusing issues on at least 3 different DSLRs - a K30, K-3 and now a K-S2 (and I 'think' I used it on a K20D also). So, no telling what the problem was the buyer had. Anyway, I'm comfortable again putting it up for sale.

Chip
03-07-2018, 06:39 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for lower price.