$549

What you get

Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG APO Macro HSM II
Original lens hood
Original removable tripod foot
Original front lens cap
Aftermarket bayonet rear lens cap

K-1 Compatible. Latest firmware

Upon receiving the lens, I sent it in to Sigma for a firmware update. The lens is now fully compatible with the K-1.

Condition

Lens is in great mechanical condition. Zoom and focus rings move quickly and freely. Lens hood snaps into place firmly (not loose like other used Sigmas I've owned). AF/M switch clicks nicely. Removable tripod foot in great condition mechanically. Mount in great condition. Slight signs of use on the body (aesthetic). Aperture blades work and look great. Rear element looks perfect. The front element looks good aside from a small shallow mark that looks like a spec of dust. It has no effect on image quality. I've never dropped nor banged the lens. No moisture exposure. Babied and kept in my camera bag when not in use.

About the lens and why I'm selling it

I've only owned this lens for a few months. When I bought it I was amazed by it's handling and performance. It is well balanced, not too heavy and not too large. The AF is speedy and silent. The zoom ring and focus ring move quickly and the zoom ring have a short throw, making for fast one handed use. As my photography business has picked up speed recently I was able to afford the DFA 70-200.
I have to say that in terms of real-world use, the Sigma wins hands down.
The DFA is HUGE and HEAVY and the zoom and focus rings are tight and move SLOWLY. I cannot zoom quickly nor operate it with just a quick move of the finger tips like the Sigma.
The Sigma's AF is quieter than the DFA.
Lastly the tripod foot on the Sigma attaches via collar, and is not necessary for handheld use. When it's removed it makes the lens even smaller and lighter. The DFA tripod foot on the other hand is big and cumbersome, and is only attached as a foot and not a collar. Because of this, when it's removed it doesn't make the barrel of the lens smaller like the Sigma.
The ONLY reason I'm keeping the DFA and selling the Sigma is because I use it in the rain and snow. If I could I'd keep the Sigma and use it all the time I'm not in inclement weather.

Ratings

This lens is very well rated among Pentax forum members with an overall 8.97 out of 38 rating.

Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG APO Macro HSM II Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Shipping

Shipping to the continental United States is free. For international shipping info, please PM me.

Payment

is my preferred method of payment. It's almost identical to PayPal. It's owned by PayPal, but it's cheaper to use.

is my second preferred method of payment. It offers the same protections and convenience as PayPal but they charge sellers (me) far less in processing fees.

is acceptable. I pay the processing fees.

About me

I have bought and sold many items successfully on the forum and ebay with the feedback to prove it. If you have any questions or requests, please ask.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free (CONUS)

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Returns accepted within seven day or delivery. Buyer pays return postage.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by geomez; 02-24-2018 at 04:32 PM.