Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
[SOLD] LX Body and Finder

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
LX Body and Finder

Asking Price
$380 U.S.

Item Description
Great LX body at a very reasonable price. Want to shoot with a pro level film body without spending much--here is your chance.
Includes box, velvet pouch, reprint manual & front cap. Grip B included too.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Good

Item Location
Montana, USA

Shipping Charge
$22 insured to U.S. locations

Shipping Services
UPS, FedEx, Postal

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order Other (Elaborate)

Additional Details
Pressure plate unworn as new which means almost no use. Previous owner allowed travel damage to viewfinder--cosmetic only scratches and a dent. Sent to Pentax for CLA when I bought it to assure no mechanical faults. All is well!
Return policy if unsatisfied.
More photos available.
Many rare and cool and desireable LX accessories available--remote releases, IR remote, interval timer, winders, motordrives, various power sources etc. (search for past post).
Check my feedback, trustworthy seller.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

Last edited by Ron Boggs; 09-04-2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: forgot free grip
09-04-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
She's a beauty.
09-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Ron, that's a very good price for a CLA'd model. If I didn't have other priorities, I'd snatch it up in a moment.
09-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 21 (100%)
Original Poster
To clarify, CLA was done when I bought the camera from a friend (original owner). That was somewhere between '99 and '03. I contacted Pentax Customer Service earlier this week to reference the CLA timing--they can look it up by serial number right? Nope, nothing in the system before 2004. Probably purged the system on me. Less than 20 rolls since Pentax service. Foam looks quite nice, perhaps replaced when serviced? No sticky mirror issues or anything either. Just a real nice shooter. And again, with no wear on the pressure plate (original plate) or film rails inside, I hesitate to guess just how little actual photo work this body has done. If you've owned other film bodies, you've seen how quickly the paint wears on the corners of the pressure plate and on the film rails. This thing is just fresh on the inside.