Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
Sigma 24mm AF, Pentax 70-210mm, Pentax 28-80mm, Pentax-A 135 2.8, Issues, please read

Three are functional as is, one needs work.

Lenses sold as is. Individual prices below as well as link to sample images.

Free shipping in Continental US.

Sigma Superwide II 24mm 2.8 AF, with caps. Lens has moderate dust and has about 1/5th at the edge of one of inner elements that has some kind of haze or something. When looking through lens with normal light or outside it is not visible. When viewed with my powerful LED flashlight it is visible. I can't see any affect on photos with this lens in normal use (K5IIs). I had 2 of these and sold the better one, thinking I would use this one, but not getting used since I got my DA 21mm. Asking $45 Sold

Pentax-F 70-210mm with caps. This one has a lot of dust and had issues when I got it. Lens had been apart at some point. Front element was loose and quite a bit of dust. I tightened the front element and touched up the bare metal with a black marker. Auto focus is noisy. Seems to perform well. Seems best at 70mm and up to 190-200mm and seems softer at 210 (to me). WITHDRAWN DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST>>>Asking $25 shipped to cover higher cost of shipping (heavy lens).

Pentax 28-80mm power-zoom. This one has only rear cap and doesn't have any issues. Power zoom does not work on my K100D but works on my K5IIs with no problems. WITHDRAWN DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST>>>Asking $20 shipped.

Pentax-A 135mm 2.8, perfect glass and did function, but aperture was getting slow so I stopped using it. Now aperture will not open all the way. Almost feels like something may have come loose inside as it hits a hard stop when you manually flick the aperture lever on the back of the lens. If you have the knowledge and/or guts to take it apart, may be an easy fix. Asking $20. SOLD

Check this link for sample images taken at various settings (will have to check exif if you want to know). For Sale Samples | Flickr

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Last edited by 7.62lew; 05-07-2018 at 04:11 PM.
04-27-2018, 12:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
Three are functional as is, one need works. Lenses sold as is. Would really like to sell them all together so I don't have to handle shipping and tracking on 4 separate lenses, SO the bundle deal is all of them for $70 shipped. Individual prices below.

Free shipping in Continental US.

Sigma Superwide II 24mm 2.8 AF, with caps. Lens has moderate dust and has about 1/5th at the edge of one of inner elements that has some kind of haze or something. When looking through lens with normal light or outside it is not visible. When viewed with my powerful LED flashlight it is visible. I can't see any affect on photos with this lens in normal use (K5IIs). I had 2 of these and sold the better one, thinking I would use this one, but not getting used since I got my DA 21mm. Asking $45

Pentax-F 70-210mm with caps. This one has a lot of dust and had issues when I got it. Lens had been apart at some point. Front element was loose and quite a bit of dust. I tightened the front element and touched up the bare metal with a black marker. Auto focus is noisy. Seems to perform well. Seems best at 70mm and up to 190-200mm and seems softer at 210 (to me). Asking $25 shipped to cover higher cost of shipping (heavy lens).

Pentax 28-80mm power-zoom. This one has only rear cap and doesn't have any issues. Power zoom does not work on my K100D but works on my K5IIs with no problems. Asking $20 shipped.

Pentax-A 135mm 2.8, perfect glass and did function, but aperture was getting slow so I stopped using it. Now aperture will not open all the way. Almost feels like something may have come loose inside as it hits a hard stop when you manually flick the aperture lever on the back of the lens. If you have the knowledge and/or guts to take it apart, may be an easy fix. Asking $20.

Bundle deal...take them all for $70 shipped

Check this link for sample images taken at various settings (will have to check exif if you want to know). File names match for lenses, ex 24mm is sigma For Sale Samples | Flickr
PM sent A/135
04-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 26 (100%)
Interesting-- I rarely see a K-mount Sigma 24mm AF super-wide II that has the green numbers inside the focus distance window. (My lens copy has numbers that are all white) I wonder how many different versions of this lens there are, as far as cosmetic changes to it?
04-27-2018, 04:45 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 33 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Interesting-- I rarely see a K-mount Sigma 24mm AF super-wide II that has the green numbers inside the focus distance window. (My lens copy has numbers that are all white) I wonder how many different versions of this lens there are, as far as cosmetic changes to it?
I sold the other one I had here on the forums. It was different than this one also. Different finish on outside. I've had 2 of the manual focus also. My daughter still has one of them. Have been good lenses for me.

04-28-2018, 08:40 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 93 (100%)
PM sent.

Chris