Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale Pending (again)

06-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Just for the record, there were about 200 units of this particular lens made. I'd hesitate to think of how many of them are still in existence, I am sure some have been lost or damaged beyond repair in the almost 30 years since production ceased.
On a more personal note, i am fortunate to be the owner of one of the few samples of this lens, and I will NEVER part with it. Pentax has made many, many superb lenses over the years, and the FA200/4 Macro stands head and shoulders above most of them. This is one lens which, if you can possibly stretch to purchase, then purchase it. Eat Ramen noodles for the next 5 years if you have to, but don't let this opportunity pass you by.
Disclaimer: I have never met Mr. Boggs, and have no stake in this sale.
06-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 28 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks for the kind words Wheatfield! Actually the lens is newer than that. First released in early 2001 and sold through 2004 with new old stock still selling up through about '07 ish in Canada anyway.

My current probable buyer is also Canadian. Should know by mid-day Wednesday if this sale will work. If not the line waiting for this lens is getting pretty long. Apparently $3500 is the trigger figure for selling this lens?
06-12-2018, 02:23 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Just for the record, there were about 200 units of this particular lens made. I'd hesitate to think of how many of them are still in existence, I am sure some have been lost or damaged beyond repair in the almost 30 years since production ceased.
On a more personal note, i am fortunate to be the owner of one of the few samples of this lens, and I will NEVER part with it. Pentax has made many, many superb lenses over the years, and the FA200/4 Macro stands head and shoulders above most of them. This is one lens which, if you can possibly stretch to purchase, then purchase it. Eat Ramen noodles for the next 5 years if you have to, but don't let this opportunity pass you by.
Disclaimer: I have never met Mr. Boggs, and have no stake in this sale.
I was about to add some info to your post, Ron did quicker than me. A* 200 macro was produced 30 years ago ; FA* 200 macro is the AF version of it and was produced beginning of 2000s
Between 1000 and 2000 units of this lens were produced and some copies must have been lost or damaged.
There is no spare part anymore so working copies in mint condition like this one are not so numerous and must be carefully handled.