Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2008, 08:30 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 181 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Package is sold and shipped this morning to Canada. All means well ends well. I get my funding to fix my broken refrigerator. By the way, think twice in buying KitchenAid refrigerator, especially the model with doubled steel door.
After hours of clean up on my fridge bottom, defrost a bit and power off/on. My regular compartment starts to have cold air flow, but my freezer is still dripping with water in a slow state having the need to chip off glass every other 3 days on the bottom. $80 is the diagnostic fee. It is likely a broken fan/week in between the two compartments. The fridge bottom can be cleaned even more for air flow.

My chances of $80 loss in diagnostic is high but $320 remains is still hopeful.

09-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #17
Igilligan

Feedback Score: (%)
Same problem with my fridge... I just replaced the fan and it was good again... Well actually I had to use a hair dryer to melt all the ice in the freezer cooling fins... because once the fan went out, they just froze up and so the thermostat assumes the fridge is cold... Funny how a little 35 dollar part takes down a 1100 fridge...
Good luck Hin....
09-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
I have 2 Maytag double door refeer's with Water & Ice in the door and the changable filter at the bottom and have never had a problem. I have had trouble with most other ones. I guess the Maytag repairman is a true story. He never has anything to do.....lol