Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
[SOLD] For Sale: Takumar 17mm Fisheye

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
For Sale: Takumar 17mm f/4 Fisheye

Asking Price
$200

Item Description
I'm selling my Takumar 17mm f/4 Fisheye lens as I haven't used it since I got a DA 10-17 FE.

This lens is in outstanding shape except for an abrasion on the front element which happened before I owned it, and which doesn't seem to affect image quality. It looks as though the lens cap was pressed in against the front element at some time and twisted a bit causing a circular abrasion which is visible in the pics below. Otherwise, the thing is damn near minty.

The rear element is flawless as far as I can tell. The barrel, focusing ring, aperture ring etc are unscratched and show only tiny wear on a few corners. There is no fungus in the lens and the aperture blades are clean, dry and snappy (in case you've got a spotmatic you want to use it with ;-)

The lens has been modified by the last owner with a M42 to K-mount adapter (much as Hin describes here). It looks like he did a good job, and it worked perfectly on and off my K200d, so you can think of it as a k-mount lens (though of course you still have to do stop-down metering etc...) The last owner assured me that the adapter ring is not glued or locktighted in place, merely screwed on firmly so that it could be removed for use in a screwmount camera, but I never tried this as I only have a k-mount.

Below are pictures of the lens, and here's a link to those same shots, plus a number of sample photos taken with the lens. I've included many samples including ones shot into the sun, so you can judge for yourself the effect of the mark on the front element.

You can see all these photos and the samples up to FULL SIZE here. (the scuffing looks awful full size, but it's really not that bad.)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Good

Item Location
California

Shipping Charge
Shipping in US included.

Shipping Services
USPS, others if required (though cost may go up)

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Check/Money Order

Additional Details
Shipping included inside the U.S.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by heliphoto; 09-13-2008 at 07:23 AM.
09-12-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
No chance of shipping to Aus?...
09-13-2008, 03:22 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent...
09-13-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 53 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale Pending

Someone's lined up to buy this lens... You can still send me pm's to secure a place in the queue should that fall through but I might not be able to reply for a few days...