Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2018, 07:02 AM   #16

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SPLewis Quote
Hello sumx4182. Is the lens still for sale? I've been looking for one of these for a long time, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm going back and forth on the idea of buying a brand new one (hoping that Sigma sorted out the auto-focusing problems), and getting a great deal from someone like you who's had a good experience with a used copy. If it's still available, has the firmware been updated? Thanks.
Yes, it is still up for grabs. I don't have the USB base, so no changes to the factory settings have been applied. I didn't have AF problems in my use with the lens. My only AF complaints were more on the side of my K30 than the lens. My daughter was too fast for it! lol.

I have a Sigma case for the lens. It's not the original. I had an issue with (2) like cases that I shipped off a Sigma 70mm macro in the 18-35 case. So this case is a tad too small but it works for protection during shipping and storage. I wouldn't use it out and about though most people probably have a different back for carry.

11-05-2018, 07:29 AM   #17
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Thanks. Seriously interested and considering options. I understand about the speedy little girl thing. I have a 5 year-old granddaughter and have yet to even have her sit next to me while I read her a book. She's a kinetic nightmare that is exhausting her parents (which is really fun to watch, of course).
11-05-2018, 08:36 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SPLewis Quote
Thanks. Seriously interested and considering options. I understand about the speedy little girl thing. I have a 5 year-old granddaughter and have yet to even have her sit next to me while I read her a book. She's a kinetic nightmare that is exhausting her parents (which is really fun to watch, of course).
Understood. For what it's worth, it practically never left my camera. For indoors, the speed and angle were awesome. Allowed much more context by getting wide and getting more of the interior than my 50 did. I switched for the 50-135 for weather sealing when outdoors in the snow but otherwise, it was a workhorse for me. I'd love to get a 24-50 for my Sony.
11-07-2018, 05:23 AM   #19

Original Poster
Sale pending. Will remove post once payment is received.