PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28 mm f/2.0 ZK

Asking Price
750.00 USD

Item Location
N. Cal (United States)

Item Description
The Zeiss 28/2 is somewhat legendary (starting long ago with the Contax-Zeiss version) as having ďcinematicĒ qualities due to the ability to cause a subject to stand out from its background. Zeiss is famous for its 3D and micro contrast abilities, and this lens makes the most use of those abilities due to its field curvature when wide open (stopped down things straighten out).

A few reviewers fault that trait, but most understand it can be taken advantage of to create brilliant pictures by using the great center resolution of the lens when wide open to make a foreground subject jump out from the background. About itís center resolution Lens Tip said:

ďThe lensís performance in the center of the frame is extraordinary indeed. Even with the maximum aperture, MTF values reach 37lpmm, which is a very good result. When we stop down the lens, the results are astonishing and with f/4.0 and f/5.6 they reach 47lpmm, which within the error margin, is a record result.Ē

One of the reviewers who understands the lensí potential is Ming Thein in his review:

Ming Thein Review

There are many others too, e.g.:

Siren's Review

Lens Tip Review

Short review with picture samples

Iíve almost sold this lens a twice before but changed my mind because of how fantastic the images its are. But my problem is that I donít need this focal length, and almost never use it. I shoot either landscape, for which I have a Zeiss 21mm, or I shoot walking around, for which I use 35mm (my favorite FL on full frame).

This lens is in excellent shape, with the glass perfect (I canít even see any dust inside, though I keep telling myself some must be there someplace). The focus ring and all other mechanics are perfect, and the body shows minimal signs of wear except for a spot on the focus ring that I believe was rubbed by my tripod (see pic below). Comes with original lens hood, and original front and rear caps (Iím including a 77mm cap for the lens hoodóI use that for convenience, plus I think it is a risk to the glass to try to stick a lens cap down inside the hood).

$750 price includes insured Priority Mail shipping. Thanks for looking.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
Included

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail, Insured

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted only if not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!