Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2008, 09:27 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
[SOLD] Sigma 24mm "Super-Wide" f2.8 Autofocus Prime Lens

This is the very well regarded Sigma 24mm f2.8 "Super-Wide II" Autofocus Prime Lens. Many people regard it as one of the sharpest 24mm lenses ever made. I personally attest that it is much sharper than the Pentax 24mm f2.8. There are quite a few positive reviews of this over the net and on the other forum.

Other than very good sharpness, this lens is very compact, just slightly larger than a 50mm lens. It has a macro feature which can go better than 1:4. It close focuses to less than 0.5ft (0.18m)! The autofocus is very fast. 52mm diameter which is easy to get accessories for. On my K10D, this lens does overexpose about 1/2 stop (in my opinion), but this is easy to compensate for and allows faster shutter times.

I would rate this lens in Very Good Condition. The glass is perfect. No scratches, yellowing, fungus or problems of any kind. Blades are snappy. Focus is smooth. Minimal dust inside. The only reason I don't rate this lens as in excellent condition is because the casing is rubberized and scuffs rather easily, so this being a used lens does have a few scuffs, but still looks fine cosmetically.

Included are the original front and original rear caps. The original hood. A Nikon (I know bad word, but they do make good filters) 52mm coated UV filter in excellent condition. A 52mm linear polarizer with pouch. (Linear polarizers work fine with Pentax AF systems. I have tested on the K100D and K10D.)

I have many positive reviews on this forum. References available upon request.

Asking $220+shipping

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail. Insurance is included in the shipping price. International buyers are welcome, I ship internationally all the time.

Shipping in the US is $7
Shipping to Canada is $20
Shipping Internationally is $32

Last edited by Youngster; 12-03-2008 at 08:25 PM.
09-18-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
Not Registered

Feedback Score: (%)
To those who are interested but doesnt know the lens, you can take a look to its Photodo score (4). I have seen few wide angles (if any) obtaining that score. If I could, I would take it in a heartbeat.