Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2018, 07:39 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
ND Filter - 49mm

Looking at getting a 49mm ND filter to have in the bag.

I don't know why I never realized before, but the DA35 macro, DA15, DA 21, DA 70 and DFA 100 macro all have 49mm filter threads...

Sounds like an investment to me!
I've never used an ND filter so any recommendations/advice is welcomed too if you don't have one to sell!

08-31-2018, 09:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
I highly recommend B+W MRC ND filters (and their polarizing filters as well). I own 3 stop, 6 stop, and 10 stop filters in a few different sizes including 49mm. The 3 stop were mainly for use with flash in bright environments, 6 stop were for flowing water photos, and 10 stop was intended for architecture photography with cloud trails. It has been a couple years now since I've used one... I never got into architectural photography, my polarizer is enough to get the shutter speed I want, and I haven't had the need to use flash in bright environments. What do you plan on using yours for?
08-31-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
I can only second the recommendation to buy B and W filters. I use their nano coated clear filters on all of my lenses that cost over 75.00 as cheap insurance against damage and grit. I have no experience with ND filters as I am mostly a wildlife and macro shooter. Good luck.
08-31-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 19 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I can only second the recommendation to buy B and W filters. I use their nano coated clear filters on all of my lenses that cost over 75.00 as cheap insurance against damage and grit. I have no experience with ND filters as I am mostly a wildlife and macro shooter. Good luck.
I am mostly wildlife and macro also.... But I'd like to expand my horizons (no pun intended) with landscape photography!

THanks for the tip on B&W