PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SMC Pentax-FA 35mm F2 AL - Oily Aperture

Asking Price
80.00 USD

Item Location
Seattle, WA (United States)

Item Description
SMC Pentax-FA 35mm F2 AL that I bought used a few years ago. Includes the hood, the hood cut-out thingy, and a cheaper back cap. Optics are clean, focus is smooth. However...

The aperture is oily. Very oily. It-doesn't-always-close-even-with-the-two-second-timer oily. Here's a link to a video (i couldn't upload the file): Imgur: The magic of the Internet

You may thing, "hmm... I could get that cleaned!" And you could. I've had it cleaned at two separate shops, at least two times each. Both shops have good reputations, and were astonished to see me back within their 3-month warranty period (twice, at one place). I'm not saying it can't be done, but I've given up.

Also, the focus window is cracked. It's off to the side, and the numbers are still readable.

There are plenty of good uses for this lens, but make sure you know what you're getting - you may think you can live with it for everyday use, but it gets annoying quickly.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-S2  Photo 
09-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Original Poster
Bump.
09-25-2018, 08:24 PM   #3

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Original Poster
Bump. Likely the last one, there's been some interest at a lower prices.