Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #1

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro 172E, Sigma 28-80 f3.5-5.6 w/macro, Cactus V6 transceiver

Changing out some lenses and have to make room in the gear bag. Accept paypal and will only charge actual shipping cost by USPS in 50 states. Will consider other destinations by inquiry and after a check of costs/customs. Will give full price when you PM, and have zip for me and how fast you want it,before finalizing the deal.

SOLD Tamron 90mm f2.8 macro 1:1 172E Pentax K in excellent condition - $170 $160 $150 plus shipping (price drop on October 1)

review here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/tamron-sp-af-90mm-f28-macro-11-model-172e.html

Has autofocus limiter switch to keep lens from hunting over the whole focus range when lighting/contrast is low and camera is looking for the right focus. Focus barrel allows switching on the fly from auto to manual - pull barrel back to disengage auto and focus away. Push forward and auto is back on.

Original box, soft case, manual and papers, lens hood, front and rear caps. Added a 55mm UV filter.

Lens glass is very clean and clear with no issues. Aperture blades are clean and smooth. Focus barrel is smooth and does not creep. Body has small scratch/thin crack in plastic cover over part of the distance scale (can see on left side of window) but seems stable and does not affect function.

On my camera I used/needed focus adjustment to get autofocus sharp. Worked great and switched to manual for macro work. Two flower pics are same composition and focus point from tripod shot, first at f2.8 to show how shallow DOF is at that range and second at f16 to show increased DOF. Lots of creative potential for macro and portrait work with this setup!

WITHDRAWN - Sigma 28-80 f3.5-5.6 Aspherical Macro zoom Pentak K mount in very good or better condition - $20 $15 plus shipping - Since it is super cheap and has a manual aperture ring, will try on my Canon T5i (with adapter) for stop motion projects (fixed aperture vs electronic is supposed to help with "flickering" caused by very slight exposure differences caused by the aperture not stopping down to a mechanical stop). We shall see...

Details on this lens vary a little from the two versions I found on PF site but seems pretty much like this one: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/sigma-28-80mm-f3-5-5-6-macro.html

Sigma 28-80 f3.5-5.6 zoom with macro up to 1:2 (half lifesize) at the 80mm setting. Glass is clear and clean. May have small dust specs inside but do not show on photos. Body shows light use and looks clean overall with no marks or damage. More "faded" from deep black finish than actually worn. Zoom and focus rings work smoothly.

Aperture ring with "A" setting for automatic camera bodies and can rotate from 3.5 to 22 on manual cameras or if going all-manual on a DSLR.

Macro switch can engage at 80mm setting and allows focus under .4 meters. Make sure focus is at least at .4meters to take out of macro mode.

Has 55mm UV filter and collapsing rubber lens hood. Hood showing some slight cracking at folds but still works fine and is easily sourced when needed.

Used as my walk-around lens on K-50and also took lots of shots for a food book - worked great for interior,exterior, portrait and macro work. Have faster (and unfortunately, much more $$$) lenses covering the range/function now.

Picture of flowers is at macro setting and f5.6 (fastest aperture available for 80mm) to show focus and DOF atthat range.

SOLD - Cactus V6 transceiver in excellent or better condition - $40 $35 plus shipping - SOLD

https://www.cactus-image.com/v6.html

Purchased recently from Adorama used store as trigger only - no box, footie thingy or paperwork (can find manual on Cactus site). Looks like new and worked perfectly when I set up and tested flashes for recent project. Has four groups and multiple channel variations. Allows all kinds of remote control and options. But, I cannot mix with my V6ii triggers and use the TTL firmware version on my V6ii triggers - they talk to each other on a different firmware version. Does not support HSS natively so am selling to get another V6ii trigger to keep my hardware variations to a minimum. Works with V6 and older triggers for standard sync.

Last edited by Jim Dandy; 04-17-2019 at 11:23 PM.
09-13-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
There were some recent posts about the v6 cactus and compatibility with xttl v6ii. You may want to double check. It won't do HSS but can trigger power sync from an HSS enabled v6ii.
09-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
Prices reduced. Thanks for looking.
09-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #4

Original Poster
Cactus V6 trigger sold. Thanks!

09-27-2018, 09:13 AM   #5

Original Poster
Bumpin' and will entertain reasonable offers. Cheers!
10-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #6

Original Poster
Monday morning price drop on the Tamron - Happy October! Great lens for some macro work on fall leaves and pumpkins and some outdoor portraits. Happy shooting all.
10-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #7

Original Poster
Ka-bump