Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2008, 03:42 AM   #16

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Good morning Tom. I am just off to work. I myself am not all that crazy about pay-pal myself.

09-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #17

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
have you sold it yet?
please let me know... I would buy it now.
Adi
09-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by cajuncutter Quote
All the buyer has to say is the item was not in the box and that the seller scamed them when in reality they are the scammer, pay-pal will refund the money taking it away from the seller. There were a lot of people that were scamed on Ebay back in the x-box frenzy. Since then we will not sell to a non verified address.
Louis
It don't bother me who you choose to sell to, but I fail to understand the logic that a person with a non-verified address can scam by saying item was not in the box, while one with verified address cannot.
09-25-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
JML
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Hello all fellow members,

I like to give my opinion about the discussion that's going on about selling outside the US.
It is possible for me (Europe) to acquire a garanteed paypal account, that means you have a paypal account that is directly linked to your bankaccount and you pay directly from your bankaccount. Paypal regards this as a "garanteed" paypalaccount. I'm not sure if this is the same as what one calls a 'verified paypal adress' in the US?

A second point, which is of much greater importance, is that in my opinion fellow members should trust each other in selling camera gear to each other on this outstanding and excellent Pentax forum.
I'm very glad that I could make some succesfull buys from fellow members from the US, but also from France and Canada. Thank you for your trust.

More and more I see sales for Conus only (in the beginning I thought this was some strange region..., but later I found out.) and comments on that from people from f.i. Australia. Later I saw an add here from someone from Australia: for Australians only... Was this a payback?

I would really like to emphasize that almost everyone on this forum likes to be a trustworthy member. (Yes, I read there have been some problem members, but that was then wasn't it?)
So I would suggest to put a little more faith in buyers from other countries and to sell and buy worldwide. Who knows what kind of friends you might get, :-)
We members are not wall street brokers, I hope...

(in theory it would be possible to build up experience as a forum member and make one buy that is not honest. The name of such a member would be very soon known all over this Forum. I do not like to think of such practice in advance on this Forum).

So come on American and Canadian and Australian sellers, put your heart open for every buyer!

Nevertheless, I do wish you a succesfull sale,

Best regards,

JML

09-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 73 (100%)
Frankly, I'm surprised this lens didn't sell within 10 minutes of posting. The price is killer.

If I didn't own it already, I'd be driving out to McMinnville.
09-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #21

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
I am patiently waiting. I left Christy my number so she could call me so we can work out details.
09-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #22

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JML Quote
Hello all fellow members,

I like to give my opinion about the discussion that's going on about selling outside the US.
It is possible for me (Europe) to acquire a garanteed paypal account, that means you have a paypal account that is directly linked to your bankaccount and you pay directly from your bankaccount. Paypal regards this as a "garanteed" paypalaccount. I'm not sure if this is the same as what one calls a 'verified paypal adress' in the US?

A second point, which is of much greater importance, is that in my opinion fellow members should trust each other in selling camera gear to each other on this outstanding and excellent Pentax forum.
I'm very glad that I could make some succesfull buys from fellow members from the US, but also from France and Canada. Thank you for your trust.

More and more I see sales for Conus only (in the beginning I thought this was some strange region..., but later I found out.) and comments on that from people from f.i. Australia. Later I saw an add here from someone from Australia: for Australians only... Was this a payback?

I would really like to emphasize that almost everyone on this forum likes to be a trustworthy member. (Yes, I read there have been some problem members, but that was then wasn't it?)
So I would suggest to put a little more faith in buyers from other countries and to sell and buy worldwide. Who knows what kind of friends you might get, :-)
We members are not wall street brokers, I hope...

(in theory it would be possible to build up experience as a forum member and make one buy that is not honest. The name of such a member would be very soon known all over this Forum. I do not like to think of such practice in advance on this Forum).

So come on American and Canadian and Australian sellers, put your heart open for every buyer!

Nevertheless, I do wish you a succesfull sale,

Best regards,

JML
I think the trouble is not only trust in other members, but what happens if the package does not arrive to the buyer's satisfaction the amount of effort to correct shipping damage or loss within one's country is I think several orders of magnitude less than if the item shipped international. Even with domestic shipping ,disputes can take months to settle...

My 2 cents.

09-25-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 13 (100%)
The whole issue of confidence can be addressed by both parties agreeing to take photographs of the item.

For the seller, as it is packed into the box and a snapshot of the buyer's shipping address and courier documentation (whether the item has tracking or not) can show as proof of posting.

For the buyer, photographs of the package and item when received will confirm receipt and condition of the item.

As long as both buyer and seller are agreeable on this arrangement of photo verification, disputes can be resolved very easily.
09-25-2008, 06:05 PM   #24

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
I would have snapped it up in a flash if it wasn't "US Only".
09-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 17 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
The whole issue of confidence can be addressed by both parties agreeing to take photographs of the item.
Naaahhhh ... this ain't going to help much.

If a seller wants to cheat he can still do after taking/sending photographs, likewise a buyer can do the reverse - remove item then photograph an empty box. Photos prove nothing.

That means all you guys had better stay right away from these sales ... and leave all the good deals to me
09-25-2008, 11:45 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Hello

I have to agree with JML.

I am from Europe too...from Slovenia to specific...and although a lot of people probably don't know much about my country I have allready bought a few things from this forum and had no problems what so ever...
I have also bought and sold a few things from/to Germany on their forums and never had a problem...
It really is a trust issue and I trust the forum members and that is why I prefer to buy and sell on a forum much rather then at e-bay...even if that means that I have to pay a few € more or get a few less...

And I would buy this lens in a heartbeat since I am looking for one at the moment...if there wasn't the EU border...
So again I will buy it from Germany for appr. 800$ or 550€....but that still is a wery good price for Europe...

So people don't make more problems than necessary...and show a little trust to each other.

Just my 2 (€)cents...

Good luck with the sell

Matej
09-26-2008, 02:42 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
I bought K-20 from K-Mount and DA* 16-50 from chemxaj without any problem. I wanted to buy the lens in this deal and I already closed all the details with Christy and after I transfered the money to her and she recived, she dicided that because my address is not confirmed then she is not going to ship me the package. then she sent me back my money and canceled our deal. I tried to explain to her that PayPal does not confirm international addresses and that she can read it in the website, but it did not help.
I think that this is really wrong and should not occur. Also I wasted so much of my time and effort in this deal and it cuased me a great disappointment.
09-26-2008, 03:40 AM   #28

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JML Quote
Later I saw an add here from someone from Australia: for Australians only... Was this a payback?
That was me and yes it was!

Until attitudes soften towards us non US residents then I'll continue to place geographical limits on buyers unless the buyer has a completed sale outside of their own country.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

bazz.
09-26-2008, 04:31 AM   #29

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
Wow,,, guys,,, it isn't personal!

Wow,, this isn't personal at all,, I have no problem selling to anyone at all! I just want to protect myself. A seller can not base his decision on trust,, that would be just nuts. I have not sold a lot of things on this forum,, but I certianly can not chance being out the money. Thats all,, I really want to emphasize that it is nothing personal. You guys are making me feel like I am prejudice! My husband would just kill me if I sold to someone thru Paypal ,, knowing that I wasn't protected because their address was not verified or whatever. Thats all.

This is a Paypal issue,, not an issue of where the buyer is from!

As far as the buyer I had to refund,,, I felt awful! I have never done that before ever. But I had to protect myself in the case it that something happened and Paypal wouldn't protect me. Thats it,, is about the lens and the 600.00,, thats all folks! The buyer had no feedback on this site at all,, and has only been a member since this year. Doesn't mean he is a scammer,,, and I still feel bad. But no verified address,, no protection from Paypal... getting my drift??

If you want to use Paypal,,, I have to know that they will protect me in the event of a scam. The majority of folks are not scammers out there,,, but believe me,, they are out there. I have been taken more than once on e-bay.

Hey,, pay me via another safer way,, and I will ship to tim-buk-2 !!!

Come on guys give me a break will ya!
Christy
09-26-2008, 04:35 AM   #30

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
You could have let me know that your address was not verified,,, I had no idea. And honestly I didn't even know what that meant until I contacted Paypal,, when I saw the warning. If you were willing to pay me via another method which was safe,, I would have done it. Again,, I feel badly too,,, and wasted my own time as well. This has been a big hassle. All I want is to sell my lens and know that it is safe.

I am so sorry it didn't work out!
Christy