Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2008, 04:43 AM   #31

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Original Poster
Maybe this will help?

Hi guys,, this has me so upset I am up at 4:30 A.M. typing away . Uuugh.

I was searching on the net trying to find out the what and whys of this verified address thing. I found this statement from someone,, and think it makes some sense. So what follows here is a quote I copy and pasted. Hope you can understand ... I wish I could just "trust" people,, but that isn't smart business.
Christy

"The potential for fraud is that the buyer could be using a stolen ID and/or an unverified PayPal account. Knowing the delivery address is not enough to get your goods back - it's easy to get a rented address, run a few scams and then do a runner.

A verified address would show that the resident is the same person who has the paypal/ebay account and that they actually live there and pay their regular bills such as the utilities.

It is also not uncommon for a Paypal payment to be taken back out of a sellers account so receiving payment is no guarantee of a sellers safety from fraud and you don't really have his money."

09-26-2008, 04:44 AM   #32

Original Poster
Hi there,, nope,, not sold yet. This thing is giving me a headache! he he he
I was supposed to be money-gramed last night,, but low and behold ,, the buyer failed to get to the store.
Scammer,,,?? Probably not,, but I didn't receive the money either.

PM me....
Christy
09-26-2008, 05:05 AM   #33

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Christy your funds will be available at 8am your local time when money grahm opens at Wal--mart. I just got your PM about your distrust in me. I am sorry I was trying to find a school for my daughter last night and was unable to get payment off to you with in minutes of having our conversation via telephone. Your funds have been deposited and now I am the one at risk right now. If you are not selling me the lens then please contact me. The transaction fee was $11.95 which brings the total I sent to you is $624.95. I expect a full refund. I left you a message last night and never got a call back and I do not frequent the internet, had you called me back I would have not made the transaction.
Louis
09-26-2008, 05:17 AM   #34
Inactive Account

Feedback Score: 4 (100%)
Just a small note about non-US addresses. It is entirely possible for paypal to verify a Canadian address and as I understand it you would be totally protected through paypal's seller protection policies, but choosing to only sell to CONUS is mildly insulting however I fully understand it is your perogative to do so.

Don't feel bad about protecting yourself, it's only in your best interest to do so. Don't lose sleep over it and only until you have the money in hand should you ship out the item.

I would like to see more US sellers offering international buyer's options though and you did that when you said another form of payment would be acceptable.

It looks like you've been pretty reasonable as a seller, at least from your public posts, and you've got a hell of a good item to sell.

Good luck.

09-26-2008, 07:06 AM   #35

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
It looks like you've been pretty reasonable as a seller, at least from your public posts, and you've got a hell of a good item to sell.

Good luck.
Yikes I see all these negative vibes on this thread...

I've had an exemplary transaction with this seller. I've not received the purchased item yet, but I have a tracking number. Communication was prompt and effective throughout, and I could tell the seller was being very conscientious (insisting on posting pictures despite my "I don't really care", etc.). This really helped my peace of mind.

Hope this helps, both the buyer and the seller!
09-26-2008, 07:09 AM   #36

Original Poster
Hey Louis,,,,,Ummmm,, not sure what you are talking about. You have still not called me with any money transaction. I can not get money from you unless you call me with the code.
Talked with you early this morning,, and you said you would be calling me when you could get the money transaction done at Walmart. I dont' have a code,,, and I don't have any money,,, You would never be out any money,,, I want to sell my lens,, not screw anyone! If I receive the money,, you get the lens. End of story.
I am calling you again right now....
Left you a message,,, still waiting... this is nuts. Believe me Louis,, I don't want your money without sending you the lens! Just trying to get this done!
Christy

Last edited by Trail-Seeker; 09-26-2008 at 07:18 AM.
09-26-2008, 07:12 AM   #37

Original Poster
Hey deuces,,,,,, My gosh,, thanks! This is nuts! All this "distrust",,, it has nothing to do with distrust! You get money,, you send the item! We had a great transaction,, hey thats how they should be eh?? I have received no money for this lens,, but a lot of hassle and negitive vibes for sure. Trying to get money from the buyer right now is still not happening,, I don't know why this has to be so hard???

I appreciate your comment. I have 100% positive feedback on e-bay,, and I have never ever had so much hassle trying to sell something in my life! I consider myself an honest person,, and my husband is about to kill me over this,,, he says I am giving people too many chances!!!
Have you checked on the battery grip? Should be there soon,,,,
I almost want to hug you,,, he he he
Christy

Last edited by Trail-Seeker; 09-26-2008 at 07:20 AM.
09-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #38

Original Poster
This travisty has a happy ending!!! :)

Okay everyone,, this lens is sold! Louis sent the money this morning ,,, once we finally got ahold of each other via the actual telephone. We kept missing each others' calls,, and then getting ticked off and writing stupid crap on here.
So to Louis,, thankyou for following through on your word!
I am making breakfast for my kiddos,, and then am off to the post office and will pm you with the tracking number Louis. Hope you enjoy the lens,, I almost want to kiss the box before I send it,, I am going to miss it.

To everyone else,, thanks for posting your opinions . I have learned a lot on this sale.
But I must admit,, I have never been so happy to close a thread! he he he.
Happy shooting !
Christy