Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2018, 02:51 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Large grip for KP (Pentax O-GP1671 large)

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I've just ordered a KP. In Australia they are only supplied with one grip, the small. The large grip costs $A55 from dcxpert (Pentax O-GP1671 Grip Kit with Screw Keys (Large) - PENTAX KP COMPATIBLE | eBay), but is out of stock. Best ebay price is about $A69 shipped from a seller in Japan.

Interested to get one for less than that, shipped to Australia. Used is fine.

11-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
The problem is the shipping is more than what someone here in the US would sell an extra for. The DC expert deal is pretty close to what used from here would cost. My extra is promised to another member if he needs it. Will find out later today. If not needed I will look up shipping costs and PM you.
11-27-2018, 01:29 PM   #3
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
The problem is the shipping is more than what someone here in the US would sell an extra for. The DC expert deal is pretty close to what used from here would cost. My extra is promised to another member if he needs it. Will find out later today. If not needed I will look up shipping costs and PM you.
Thanks very much Tom.

I guess I was hoping the grip might just be able to go as a large letter. Otherwise USPS parcels to Australia (international group 6) seem to start at about $US25 for a flat rate envelope (Notice 123 | Postal Explorer). Ouch. Or maybe someone has access to a better deal with FedEx or another service.
11-27-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Thanks very much Tom.

I guess I was hoping the grip might just be able to go as a large letter. Otherwise USPS parcels to Australia (international group 6) seem to start at about $US25 for a flat rate envelope (Notice 123 | Postal Explorer). Ouch. Or maybe someone has access to a better deal with FedEx or another service.
23.50 for standard international mail for a small box from here. As long as the item is worth less than 400 USD. Still waiting on whether mine is needed or not.

11-27-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Why not get the DBG7 grip. That comes with the large grip too, I heard.
Better balance when mounting telephotos with the grip? All hear say
11-27-2018, 10:35 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
229.00 USD is probably why!
11-27-2018, 10:40 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
Ha ha. True.
Reminds me of the time when I was looking to change my car tyres, my witty friend said I can also get a new car which will come with new tyres

11-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #8
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by siva.ss.kumar Quote
I wondered about that - but the DBG7 grip is about $A330. I'll see how I go with the new camera for a while. I can live without the extra battery life.