PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
smc Pentax-M 150mm f/3.5 lens

Asking Price
100.00 USD

Item Location
Ottawa, Ontario (Canada)

Item Description
Useful telephoto reach in a compact, easy to use lens!

The Pentax-M 150mm f/3.5 manual focus lens gives a longer reach than the common M 135/3.5, yet it’s still lightweight and compact. It’s a sharp, contrasty lens that offers pleasing bokeh and controls aberrations quite well.

The M 150/3.5 is delightful to use. It handles easily, fits readily in a small pouch or jacket pocket, and gives you a nice telephoto option without weighing you down. The built-in metal hood is convenient and useful.

It’s not a common lens, so here’s your chance to add this gem to your kit.

Glass: No haze, fungus, fog or element separation. Some internal dust. There is a light superficial 2-mm scratch on the front element, which is not easily seen and difficult to photograph; it’s accentuated by a strong light in the picture below. Unless you look for it deliberately, you would never know it’s there. The rear element is free of blemishes.

Body: Excellent condition, almost no signs of use. No dents, dings or scratches. The aperture blades are snappy, clean, and oil-free. The focus action is smooth.

Included: Lens, original front and rear caps, original case (good condition).

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
To Canada and USA: USD $16-22 depending on destination and delivery service

Shipping Services
Canada Post, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal Other (Elaborate)

Return Policy & Additional Details
Payment method: PayPal. Canadian buyers may also pay by Interac e-Transfer (preferred).

If you have any questions or issues with the item, please let me know within 3 days of receipt. Returns are accepted if the item is not as described in the listing.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by c.a.m; 01-08-2019 at 04:34 PM.
12-04-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
The SMC Pentax-M 150/3.5 is a superb, sleeper lens, as described above. If I didn’t already own one I would buy this.
12-04-2018, 09:03 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The SMC Pentax-M 150/3.5 is a superb, sleeper lens, as described above. If I didn’t already own one I would buy this.
I own this lens as well and can say that it is a great sleeper lens for a lightweight kit. I actually got mine to use as the telephoto end of a small and light setup for mountaineering photography kit. Anyway, it makes a great travel telephoto for those who like to travel light.

12-07-2018, 09:19 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 16 (100%)
Original Poster
The SMC Pentax-M 150/3.5 is a superb, sleeper lens, as described above.
QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Vision Quote
I own this lens as well and can say that it is a great sleeper lens for a lightweight kit.
Thanks for your comments!

Yes, it's a nifty little lens. Not as well known as its little sibling the M 135/3.5, but a real gem in the M lineup.

Last edited by c.a.m; 12-07-2018 at 11:11 AM.
12-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
For any potential buyers, I will pile on with accolades for this little gem of a lens.
12-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 159 (99%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
For any potential buyers, I will pile on with accolades for this little gem of a lens.
Wheatfield originally pointed this lens out to me for my MX / LX a few years ago, so I found one, tried it - and added it to my permanent lens list. That’s unusual for an M lens. Almost all my manual lenses are K series.
12-11-2018, 09:56 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Wheatfield originally pointed this lens out to me for my MX / LX a few years ago, so I found one, tried it - and added it to my permanent lens list. That’s unusual for an M lens. Almost all my manual lenses are K series.
Thank you, gentlemen, for your positive comments!

12-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for possible interest!
12-17-2018, 06:13 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
This isn't that relevant to the sale, and I hope you're not offended for my posting in your thread. Your product photography skills are enviable.
12-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
I just took mine out the other day when I was calibrating all my AF lenses on my K-1 and it is remarkable how small and light the M-150 is. It would combine quite well with a DA or FA limited prime kit if that's your thing.

12-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #11
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
Under what circumstances would that scratch impact the photograph? I'm guessing it would show up during strong side light or flare, correct?
12-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ill repUTE Quote
This isn't that relevant to the sale, and I hope you're not offended for my posting in your thread. Your product photography skills are enviable.
Not offended at all. Thanks for your kind comment. I try to represent the items as best as I can.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mountain Vision Quote
It would combine quite well with a DA or FA limited prime kit if that's your thing.
Yes, the M 150 is relatively small and lightweight, so it would nicely complement any DA or FA Limiteds. I could easily imagine a kit of, say, the three FA Limiteds 31, 43, 77mm, and this one at 150mm.

QuoteOriginally posted by shadowjester Quote
Under what circumstances would that scratch impact the photograph? I'm guessing it would show up during strong side light or flare, correct?
Thanks for your question. The scratch is near the periphery of the element and it's very slight -- it's practically unnoticeable. You may have read various anecdotes or articles concerning front element blemishes. Generally, significant damage such as broad, deep scratches; coating deterioration; heavy opaque haze; or fungus can affect images under certain shooting conditions, depending on the severity of the flaw.

For the lens offered here, however, I would say that the superficial scratch almost certainly will not impact image quality. I've never noticed any issues.

Last edited by c.a.m; 12-25-2018 at 07:39 AM.
12-23-2018, 11:48 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Time for a little nudge.
12-24-2018, 05:52 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with the previous comments on this lens. I bought mine new sometime in the ‘80s not long after getting my MX and I’ve used it a lot. Not an easy lens to find.
12-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #15
Forum Member

Hey c.a.m. I’d be interested to take a look at the lens when I’m back in Kanata after the 2nd if it’s not sold by then.