Tamron 70–210 Adaptall lens, Model 19AH with M-42 mount

Item for Sale
Tamron 70–210 Adaptall lens, Model 19AH with M-42 mount

Asking Price
40.00 USD

Item Location
Colorado (United States)

Item Description
Offered in pristine condition (I would call it "mint" except for a small dent), guaranteed to taunt your LBA: 70–210 Tamron Adaptall lens, Model 19AH with M-42 mount (Pentax OEM adapter available).

I know this is crazy cheap...I am virtually giving this away—just don't need it anymore. It's part of the last of my Pentax equipment and I want it to go to a good home (also selling my Mamiya/Sekor 55mm f/1.4 lens and Pentax original K-mount to M-42 adapter—see Marketplace).

Comes with both caps and original padded carrying case that is in like-new condition.

You can see two high-definition pictures, one of my Tamron and one taken with it, at Flickr: TAMRON SP 70?210 ADAPTALL ZOOM LENS | Flickr

This has been called the best 70-210 zoom lens ever designed and manufactured—above average performance within its class, plus several notable design features. This one-touch constant-F3.5-aperture zoom features a unique reverse zooming cam in which the collar moves forward to become a lens shade when zooming to the longer focal lengths.

Tamron Adaptall-2 SP 70-210mm f/3.5 (19AH) Lens Reviews - Tamron Adaptall Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Tamron SP Adaptall-2 70-210mm F/3.5 Model 19AH

It's macro capability is up to 1: 2.66 magnification at 210mm (larger at 315mm).

Would this make a great portrait lens? Yes. At 70mm (105 equivalent on most Pentax bodies) and with an aperture of 3.5 (constant throughout the zoom range) you get plenty of sharpness and a narrow depth of field. This lens produces lovely bokeh.

Would this make a good wildlife lens? Yep. At 210 (315mm equivalent on most Pentax bodies) it’s getting in pretty close to the subject. Focus is easy and accurate, and remains the same across the zoom range once you set it.

Can I use this on my full frame K-1? Yes. This is a full-frame lens.

Would this make a good sports lens? Yes. Like I said, it’s f/3.5 across the range, so at 315mm equivalent at f/3.5 it rivals many top-of-the-line sports lenses. Focus at infinity and you’re set to shoot anything beyond 30 feet and keep it in deadly sharp focus. This lens focuses accurately at infinity when turned to infinity (at least as tested on my K-50 and my K-S2 cameras).

If it weren’t for the small dent* in the built-in hood of this lens, this would almost look like a brand new item. It’s clean, the barrel is shiny and scratch free, and the glass is clean, clean, clean—no haze, no fungus, only a miniscule amount of dust (will not affect IQ).

*The dent is in the metal hood/barrel of the lens, nowhere near the lens end or filter threads. I’ve never tried to straighten it out, fearing that I might make it worse (see photos): it’s less than 1/4” wide and bends in less than 1/8”).

Look at my sales reputation here on Pentax Forums—everything I have sold here is exactly as described. If it’s not as advertised, I’ll take it back.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
15 USA, more elsewhere

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If it is not exactly as I've advertised, I'll refund your money if you pay return shipping. I have a first-class rating here on PF.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo 

Last edited by fotograffiti; 12-12-2018 at 02:45 PM.
12-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 8 (100%)
i'll take it at your asking price. I am also interested in the Pentax M42 to K adapter. Please let me know if one or both are still available so I can complete the transaction.

Thanks,

Greg
12-13-2018, 01:41 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
That is a crazy good price, even with the dent on the zoom ring. It is an excellent lens and I am very fond of mine. FWIW, there is no built-in hood, though the zoom ring sort of functions as such at full zoom. The hood originally included with the 19AH when new is a bayonet type (model 49FH) and attaches to the end of the zoom ring.

Steve