Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2019, 11:39 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
K-5 Users Manual

Pentax original K-5 Users Manual...thanks.

03-07-2019, 01:51 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 51 (100%)
So you don't want the PDF available on Ricoh's website or the better version sold here also in .pdf format?
03-07-2019, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
So you don't want the PDF available on Ricoh's website or the better version sold here also in .pdf format?
Thanks photolady95, but no, I need a booklet that I can take downstairs where the magic happens...lol. All of my computers are upstairs, and I don't like to use my cell phone because the trilateral technocracy is tightening the rope around our necks. I know, shake your shoes off, it's deep...lol.
03-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by buzzardluck Quote
Thanks photolady95, but no, I need a booklet that I can take downstairs where the magic happens...lol. All of my computers are upstairs, and I don't like to use my cell phone because the trilateral technocracy is tightening the rope around our necks. I know, shake your shoes off, it's deep...lol.
That's fine. I just thought I'd check.

03-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You might want to check here:

Pentax K-5 Instructions - Books, Instructions & Videos - Accessories at KEH Camera

Call them first to make sure what they're selling the original book for the K-5.
03-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry, I guess I spoke too soon! Question, is there a hard copy of the better version available?
03-10-2019, 02:48 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Not that I know of, only the .pdf version I mentioned was an ebook that is selling here on Pentax forums that's better.

Did you check at KEH to see if that one they're selling is the original K-5 book?

03-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If everything else fails, print the PDF in booklet format, and make it a book.
I had to do it for many old devices, where no original copies were available anymore.

And the mostly crappy carelessly produced scans often offered for premium prices just won't do for me.
03-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You might want to check here:

Pentax K-5 Instructions - Books, Instructions & Videos - Accessories at KEH Camera

Call them first to make sure what they're selling the original book for the K-5.
Thank you again. You are an angel! I purchased it.
03-10-2019, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by buzzardluck Quote
Thank you again. You are an angel! I purchased it.
You're welcome! Shh! don't tell anyone that, you'll ruin my reputation here as a moderator. LOL Glad you got the book though, for $6 you can't beat that price, except if you got it free when you bought the camera. Just curious why you didn't get it when you bought the camera?
03-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You're welcome! Shh! don't tell anyone that, you'll ruin my reputation here as a moderator. LOL Glad you got the book though, for $6 you can't beat that price, except if you got it free when you bought the camera. Just curious why you didn't get it when you bought the camera?
The book was not included with the camera. Just the body and charger/battery were included. Also, I didn't think of it at that time. It's supposed to be delivered today, so that is good. I wonder, how the online one differs from the original copy? Did the forum mods or others take on such a large project? I have studied the online one and am ready to begin and let the feathers fly. My original photo's are going to be very controlled stills, so my learning process should be relatively easy, but the trickster is everpresent. Classic cockups are expected. Success is near.....