Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
[SOLD] Asahi Tele-Takumar 200mm F/5.6

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Asahi Tele-Takumar 200mm F/5.6

Asking Price

Item Description
Asahi Tele-Takumar 200mm Prime

Here we have a relatively rare Asahi Tele-Takumar 200mm f/5.6 Preset, Prime, Telephoto Lens.

Item has seen better days, but still has some pretty great things going for it. Such as 10 Aperture Blades, providing nice smooth bokeh. Everything on the lens functions correctly and there is no fog, haze, fungus or scratches on the glass. The lens body shows moderate brassing with the finish still in decent shape.

The bad... and here I will make some assumptions and come to some conclusions. First, before I got it the lens suffered a dented filter ring. It appears that then someone who was less than an expert attempted to unscrew the "beauty-ring" [The ring with the Takumar name on it]. Well, they succeeded in unscrewing the beauty-ring and then it got stuck in the damage filter ring threads. So, the beauty ring sits, locked about a quarter of an inch above the front element.

So, here's what I did... I drilled a couple holes in the beauty ring so that I could use a "spanner" to attempt to screw the beauty ring back where it belongs. I gave up and decided I didn't want to risk further damage to the lens.

So, there you have what I know. The front element doesn't "float" around in the gap between the lens and beauty ring and as I said, otherwise the lens works great.

A bargain for Takumar lovers to whom "looks aren't important" I posted a photo of the Tak beside a Vivitar 200mm F/3.5 and you can see the Tak is nearly half as big as the Vivitar. Perhaps someone will take a shine to the Tele-Tak and use it as a "beater". EDIT: Added a 100% crop sample from the lens on my K100D.

Regards,
Mike

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition
Used
Poor

Item Location
Corinna, ME USA

Shipping Charge
Free!

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Additional Details
Alaska and Hawaii OK too!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by X Man; 06-04-2009 at 12:41 PM.
10-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Price lowered and added a 100% un-edited crop sample shot with lens wide-open on my K100D.
10-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, that sample shot didn't survive the upload too well.

At any rate, last call for this bargain lens. I know it's ugly but it's operable and I'd bet most of us Pentaxians, myself included, have at one time or another spent more on a plastic zoom that was about useless.

Regards,
Mike
10-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 14 (100%)
That would team up nicely with my Takumar 100mm.