Item for Sale
Vivitar (Cosina) 19mm f/3.8 wide-angle full-frame manual focus PKA

Asking Price
80.00 USD

Item Location
Savannah, GA (United States)

Item Description
Vivitar 19mm f/3.8 manual focus full-frame

This is probably the least expensive full-frame ultra wide-angle out there for Pentax. There is frankly probably no good reason to buy this for a smaller sensor, so this one is for you K-1 users and film shooters. Manual focus, but does have 'A' contacts (but no Ricoh pin, don't worry about that). So all camera modes and metering options will be available. (It will probably read as f/4 on your body.)

As you can imagine, this is not a world-beating lens, but it is a decent performer, reasonably sharp and not much distortion. However, I only have APS-C bodies and no full-frame to test it on so I'm not seeing the edges. The reviews are mixed. It sounds like the aberrations get a bit funky towards the full-frame edges. You'll have to evaluate the reviews to see if you think it will work for you. I just found out that this is the same lens as the Cosina 20/3.8, which probably means two things: 1) It was made by Cosina, and 2) It is really a 20mm and Vivitar is fudging the focal length to differentiate it (not the only time they've done that).

Condition-wise, the body has some small scratches, slight brassing, some dust. The glass is fine -- no scratches, no haze, no fog, etc. A speck or two of internal dust. Focus is smooth, aperture works fine. Comes with a "promaster" front cap and generic rear cap as shown.

Reviews:
Cosina 20mm f3.8 MC Lens Reviews - Cosina Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Vivitar (Cosina) 19mm f/3.8 Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

$80 + $10 shipping priority mail to USA. Payment via PayPal (I pay fees). If you want it, PM me your email address that you use for paypal and I'll send you an invoice to pay.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted if not as stated. Let me know of any problems within 7 days of delivery.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

04-01-2019, 03:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
PM sent.
04-01-2019, 06:01 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 66 (100%)
Original Poster
sold.

Last edited by vonBaloney; 04-01-2019 at 07:32 AM.