Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 22 (100%)
Pentax FA*400, FA 28-105,100-300, DA*16-50, Tamron 28-300,18-200, K-7, *istDL & More

Hello all,

This is my first for sale post on this forum. I have done a lot of selling on forums in the past for different hobbies, I also have an eBay account (james8660) with lots of feedback. I accept PayPal.

Please contact me if you need more details or pictures, I want to make sure you are absolutely happy with your purchase

All of these items are used, and I am not the original owner.

I ship USPS priority mail. Shipping price is built in. If you buy multiple items, depending how they fit, I can definitely save you some money and combine shipping.

I chose my prices based on searches here and on eBay (subtracting out the cost eBay takes from me, to pass the savings on to you!) I am not opposed to offers, especially if you can show me that it’s overpriced.

This works sort of like those dinner meals you get at restaurants, which include a bread roll and your choice of sides. The lenses will include (for free) your choice of one lens filter that corresponds to the size of lens, and the camera bodies will include (for free) your choice of one small camera bag. Of course, if you don’t want either that’s fine too. This is done on a first-come-first-served basis.

Pentax-FA 28-105mm $40 shipped
Looks to be in good condition, with some light signs of use but otherwise looks new. Comes with Pentax front and rear caps.
Original owner smoked, and despite my best efforts there is still a slight tobacco smell. If you have any tips let me know
Includes your choice of 58mm filter. (See below.)

Pentax-FA 100-300mm 4.5-5.6 $40 shipped
Looks to be in good condition, with some light signs of use but otherwise looks new. Comes with Pentax front and rear caps.
Original owner smoked, and despite my best efforts there is still a slight tobacco smell. If you have any tips let me know
Includes your choice of 58mm filter. (See below.)

Pentax-DA* 16-50mm $280 shipped + insured SOLD $260
The glass itself is in fantastic condition, not a scratch or mark. The rubber on the lens has a weird light white shade to it, which I am not sure the cause as I got it that way. It isn't sticky or anything, but it's there. Comes with Pentax front and rear caps and lens hood.
Includes your choice of 77mm filter. (See below.)

Tamron 28-300mm f3.5-5.6 K-mount $80 shipped
Glass is clean, but this lens suffers from the same white marking on the rubber that the DA* 16-50 does. They both came from the same owner, so that could be why. Otherwise, works and looks in good condition. Comes with front and rear caps and lens hood.
Includes your choice of 62mm filter. (See below.)

Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 LD Di-II XR AF IF K-mount $70 shipped SOLD
It's in good condition. There are no scratches on the glass elements. Comes with both caps and the lens hood.
Includes your choice of 62mm filter. (See below.)

Pentax-FA* 400mm F5.6 $1100 shipped + insured SOLD
In excellent condition. Some light marks where the lens hood attaches that I have shown in the picture. Glass is clean. I do not have a lens cap, but I will include a UV filter (that is kind of coming apart) to at least protect it in transit. For some reason I only have one 77mm lens cap. This is obviously a big ticket item, so I am willing to work with you if you want particular videos or pictures of it in use.
Includes your choice of 77mm filter. (See below.)

Takumar 70-200mm f4-5.6 $30 shipped
Good condition. Comes with front and rear caps.
Includes your choice of 49mm filter. (See below.)

Takumar 28-80mm f4-5.6 $20 shipped
Good condition. Comes with front and rear caps.
Includes your choice of 49mm filter. (See below.)

Pentax *ist DL body + 18-55mm kit lens $90 shipped SOLD on eBay
Shutter count just under 1k. The camera generally looks brand new except for the eye cap with is chipped in several places, which I can't figure out why, it's just really fragile. This of course doesn't hinder the use of the camera, but could get annoying with the right user. Lens includes cap and hood. Lens is in good condition.
Includes your choice of small camera bag. (See pictures.)

Pentax K-7 body $120 shipped SOLD
Shutter count just over 20k. Comes with battery, charger, body cap. Camera itself is in good condition, with only light signs of use. Shows some of that similar light white wear on the grip, pictures should show it. I'm starting to think that's me at this point, not sure what causes it
Includes your choice of small camera bag. (See pictures.)

Choose your filter:
Hoya 58mm nd4
Tiffen 58mm haze-1
Seikanon 58mm uv
Tiffen 58mm circular polarizer x2

Promaster 77mm uv
Promaster 77mm circular polarizer

Tiffen 62mm uv
Tiffen 62mm circular polarizer
Promaster 62mm UV

Seikanon 49mm uv
Tiffen 49mm haze-1

See pictures for no-name small camera bags

Detailed Pictures:
Pentax Sale Photos

Last edited by Snapppy; 07-05-2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: sold items
04-30-2019, 08:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 9 (100%)
Re: Fa*400

If the 400mm is still available, I have some questions:
1) the main knock on this lens is the purple/green fringing. What is your experience in this regard with this lens?
2) how sharp is this lens wide open?
3) do you have the case/pouch?
05-01-2019, 09:28 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buckeyemikie Quote
If the 400mm is still available, I have some questions:
1) the main knock on this lens is the purple/green fringing. What is your experience in this regard with this lens?
2) how sharp is this lens wide open?
3) do you have the case/pouch?
It is available and I would be happy to answer your questions.

1) I only have shot this lens on two outings, so my experience is limited. I had read about the concerns as well. I also don't have a lot of experience with longer zooms in the first place, so I don't have anything to compare it to other than cheap zooms. The fringing is definitely there, but I didn't shoot anything where it seemed like a big deal to me. If the sun ever comes out again (it's been rainy for a week) then I could shoot a series of images setup to expose the weakness. That would actually be a fun video to make too, since there's not a lot of information about this lens out there generally.

2) I consider it very sharp, I had no complaints in this department. Any lack of sharpness I had was fixed by a higher shutter speed

3) I do not have the case/pouch.

I uploaded some sample photos and will get around to uploading more later. They are the six latest pictures on my Flickr account, showing full picture and significant crops on my K-1. ThatA480Guy | Flickr

Thank you.
05-01-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm definitely interested in your lens. I looked on your Flickr account, page five, and the last six shots don't seem to me to match your description. If I was at the right place, I didn't see any evidence of purple fringing (it might show up after greater enlargement).
Would you be willing to shoot the video trying to illustrate the fringing in bright, high contrast scenes and share the results with me?
Could you also email me a few undeveloped jpeg's so I can develop them in Light Room to see if that will remove any fringing. As long as any fringing isn't gross, I'll buy it.

05-01-2019, 01:34 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Buckeyemikie Quote
I'm definitely interested in your lens. I looked on your Flickr account, page five, and the last six shots don't seem to me to match your description. If I was at the right place, I didn't see any evidence of purple fringing (it might show up after greater enlargement).
Would you be willing to shoot the video trying to illustrate the fringing in bright, high contrast scenes and share the results with me?
Could you also email me a few undeveloped jpeg's so I can develop them in Light Room to see if that will remove any fringing. As long as any fringing isn't gross, I'll buy it.
Sorry, I think I confused you. It's the latest six pictures, so on the first page at the very top. When I am home I can rename the titles to make it more clear. There's a butterfly, bird, and dragonfly. Descriptions should have mention of the lens in them.

Sounds good, I can do both those things. I'll work with you via PM.

Thank you
05-01-2019, 04:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds great- look forward to your video.
05-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #7

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Thank you for the complete and honest disclosure that some of the lenses retain a tobacco odor. That is a deal breaker for me, but including the information definitely enhances the credibility of your offers. I will check in from time to time to see what else you might have available.

05-05-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cpoteet Quote
Thank you for the complete and honest disclosure that some of the lenses retain a tobacco odor. That is a deal breaker for me, but including the information definitely enhances the credibility of your offers. I will check in from time to time to see what else you might have available.
Yeah, definitely understand. That's why I wanted to call it out!

For everyone else:

The Pentax-FA* 400mm has SOLD and has been marked as such.

We are moving soon, so I am going to start slowly putting some of these items on eBay. I'll keep this post up to date, of course, so if it's still here and doesn't mention anything about being on eBay, then it's still here for the taking

Thanks!