Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #1

Feedback Score: 104 (100%)
[SOLD] Pair of M42 Screw Mount Lenses 50mm and 28mm - $20 for Both

I have a pair of M42 Screw Mount Lenses which are looking for a good home. Only $20 will get you both of them. Shipping in the US is $5. Shipping elsewhere, PM me and I'll give you an exact quote. I'd like to sell them together.

The first one is a Soligar 28mm f2.5 lens in Mint Condition.

Slightly faster than a standard f2.8 lens, this lens operates perfectly. No blemishes of any kind on glass. Aperature clicks perfectly. No oil on blades. Focus is smooth. Close focuses to under 1 foot!

The aperture control pin has been permanently disabled (depressed) so that it works easily on digital slrs. Now you just turn the aperature ring and can use this lens on Av mode.

Comes with original front and rear caps.

The second one is a Vivitar VMC 50mm f1.7 lens.

Fully Multicoated. Color and contrast are great. The lens is really tiny. Much smaller than a normal 50mm (i.e. FA50). I think it is around the same size as a DA21. It has a Auto/Manual switch so no need to mess with the aperature control pin. It is missing the rubber grip, but it still is easy to focus and well damped to boot. It has a really tiny scratch on the rear element, but I do not see any effect on the photo. The scratch is so small you have to really look to see it. Mechanically and optically, it works perfectly. Comes with original front cap.

One great benefit of using M42 lenses is that you can use them on Aperture priority because you can put them on manual mode and control the diaphragm opening without using the "green button" to stop down. Makes it very easy to use. All you need is a Pentax M42-K adapter and those are easily obtainable on ebay.

I also have some filters and items on sale right now on this forum. I will combine shipping on everything so that your shipping is only $5.

Click on link to check it out.

Brand New Filters and Stuff

Last edited by Youngster; 12-03-2008 at 08:25 PM.
10-06-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 11 (100%)
can you find out how much to ship to Japan?
10-06-2008, 05:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 177 (100%)
PM next with interest
10-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #4

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
PM sent....