PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax macros! M 50/4 and M 100/4

Asking Price
70.00 USD

Item Location
Spring Green, WI (United States)

Item Description
I bought both these lenses from forum members. I've since bought an A 50/2.8 macro and an A100/2.8 macro, meaning I need more space on my lens shelf.

M 50mm f/4 macro. $85 US $75 US $70 US; price includes shipping via Priority Mail.

This lens is very sharp and in excellent condition. The glass is fine, and the aperture blades work well. No fungus. Focussing is fine, too. Front and rear caps included.

Edit: Also included is the original lens case for the M 50/4, which I found yesterday hiding behind some other lenses. It's not in the photos below, but it's included with the lens--at the same price, of course.

However, there's something that shows up on the right side of the image, as if there's a speck of dust inside the lens. It's visible at all apertures, but more distinct as one stops down. I used the M 50/4 to photograph the M 100/4, and I made sure not to crop that right side so potential buyers can see the spot I'm speaking of. I gut feeling is that someone who knows what he's doing could open the lens and take care of the problem. That person, however, is not me. I've priced the lens accordingly.

EDIT: Well, the same thing shows up with other lenses when I stop down, as I found out editing images I made today. (Can you tell I usually shoot close to wide-open?) In other words, the spot is a bit of dust, whatever, on the K3ii's sensor, and not in the lens. Another scary cleaning job, but I might just try taking care of that myself.

SOLD M 100/4 macro. $110 US $100 US; price includes shipping via Priority Mail.

This lens is also very sharp, and like the M 50/4 macro it gets great reviews here on PentaxForums. The aperture blades work as they should, and the focussing is fine. The glass is in very good condition, but there seem to be some cleaning marks on the front element. Nothing major, and nothing I could capture in a photo, and nothing that shows up in a photograph, but there they are.

It's a sweet macro if you don't need the speed of the f/2.8. Plastic hood and front and rear caps included; the front lens cap fits over the hood when the hood is stored on the lens--that is, not attached. (Otherwise, you'll need a 49mm front cap, which is not included.)

Payment through PayPal; I pay the costs.

If you're interested in one or both of these lenses, reply in the thread and also send me a PM.

Thanks for looking!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Continental U.S. Only

Shipping Charge
included in price

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Buyer may return lens within three days of receipt if it's not as described. Buyer is responsible for return shipping and insurance.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 05-21-2019 at 11:07 AM ----------

Bump, price drop for each lens.

---------- Post added 05-27-2019 at 11:17 AM ----------

bump, price drop.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by grey goat; 06-02-2019 at 08:06 AM. Reason: correction in 50mm description
05-28-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 30 (100%)
Original Poster
bump. . . .

---------- Post added 05-29-2019 at 09:40 AM ----------

The M 100/4 has been purchased. Thanks, Steve_B!

(The M 50/4 is still available.)