PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
SIGMA 120-400mm f/4.5.-5.6 APO HSM DG OS AF Lens

Asking Price
565.00 USD

Item Location
Hackensack, NJ (United States)

Item Description
OK, so, this well-loved child is currently back home with me after my good friend, Paul (yvpaul, on the Forum) found that he was unable to use it and, because he is who he is, I considered that to be an "extraordinary circumstance". I really love this lens, and I actually considered keeping it when I got it back. The 120mm shallow end is more usable than 150mm, and it is noticeably better in not-so-great light than the SIGMA 150-500mm lens overall (it is one f-stop faster all the way out), but I just don't need 2 lenses this physical size/in this range, and the extra 100mm on the big end is necessary for what I do.

THE GLASS HAS ABSOLUTELY NO DUST, NO HAZE, NO OIL TRACES, NO FUNGUS, NO SCRATCHES
THE ENTIRE LENS IS ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE

INCLUDES ORIGINAL SIGMA HOOD, CARRYING CASE (W/STRAP), LENS HOOD, FRONT AND REAR LENS CAPS AND ORIGINAL BOX. NO PAPERWORK WITH THIS ONE, SORRY!

IF YOU PAY THE ASKING PRICE, I WILL INCLUDE A SIGMA FILTER/PROTECTOR WITH THE SALE.
SHIPPING NOTE: "FREE SHIPPING" IS FOR U.S.P.S. PRIORITY MAIL ONLY. IF YOU WISH TO USE ANOTHER SERVICE, YOU PAY FOR SHIPPING AND INSURANCE.

Excellent appearing and performing lens. Very well cared for. Appears, performs and functions PERFECTLY.
Tough to find, especially in this condition.

I have used this lens on a Pentax K200D and K3-II. It performed perfectly on both, and it is extremely fast on the K3-II.

This lens has been in perfect working order since I purchased late last year, and it has needed no additional servicing. It's actually been an absolute joy to both own and use.
There was a very small nick on the lens collar that was there when I purchased it (the older Sigma finishes do tend to "flake" if they get bumped), but I replaced that with the identical piece for the Sigma 150-500, so that's taken care of. There is a corresponding nick on the body of the lens (see last photo). Other than that, it's literally perfect, in show room condition, and deserving of a loving home and user.

Again, I would not be parting with this excellent lens, but for having come into an amazing Sigma 150-500mm which better suits my needs.

$565.00 (inc. shipping and insurance, O/B/O)

Please feel free to ask any questions about the lens or to ask for photo examples.
Thanks for looking!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Mint

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
FREE, inc. Insurance

Shipping Services
U.S.P.S. Priority mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I don't generally accept returns, especially on a piece this clean and nice, unless the circumstances are exceptional. If the lens is damaged in shipping, I will need the item returned BEFORE I can file the appropriate insurance claim. No claims for damaged equipment will be accepted more than 3 days after delivery, so please check the lens IMMEDIATELY. In any event, you will pay for the return shipping. Funds will be returned once the item is received, I am satisfied that it is the lens I shipped and the insurance claim is approved.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Last edited by mikek200d; 05-22-2019 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Photos, formatting
05-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 10 (100%)
This looks like a great lens, and kudos to you for being such a great comrade in (photography) arms for taking the lens back from Paul. My hat is off to you, sir.
05-22-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reality_Check Quote
This looks like a great lens, and kudos to you for being such a great comrade in (photography) arms for taking the lens back from Paul. My hat is off to you, sir.
Thanks. Paul's a great guy. Sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done.