PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-50 *BAD Aperture*, charger, OEM Battery, and AA Battery adapter

Asking Price
60.00 USD

Item Location
Austin, MN (United States)

Item Description
Sadly this beautiful K-50 has the dreaded "Dark picture" issue that is well-known for this model along with the K-30. On a bright note, I did test the AA Adapter with four Eneloop batteries and this does work. In the spirit of full disclosure, my (limited) understanding is that the AA adapter is merely a temporary band-aid which will eventually fail.

Shutter count after more playing around with different lenses/batteries tonight is quite low at 2627

(I've read 40+ pages on how to fix this issue tonight but I don't care to buy the "White" solenoid to attempt to fix this myself. If you're relatively handy in general, this might be an easy fix for you. I've serviced laptops and other small electronics so I likely could do it if I had the time...but I don't. Two little kids, work, and a somewhat demanding wife simply do not allow me the time for any project I might enjoy such as repairing this K-50.)

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Damaged

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
$10-15

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns accepted

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 06-04-19 at 08:07 AM ----------

Sale pending

---------- Post added 06-04-19 at 12:39 PM ----------

Sale Pending.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Moto Z2 Play  Photo   
06-05-2019, 01:06 PM   #2

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
PM'd.
06-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #3
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 5 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by Reality_Check Quote
PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Pentax K-50 *BAD Aperture*, charger, OEM Battery, and AA Battery adapter

Asking Price
60.00 USD

Item Location
Austin, MN (United States)

Item Description
Sadly this beautiful K-50 has the dreaded "Dark picture" issue that is well-known for this model along with the K-30. On a bright note, I did test the AA Adapter with four Eneloop batteries and this does work. In the spirit of full disclosure, my (limited) understanding is that the AA adapter is merely a temporary band-aid which will eventually fail.
This description is entirely too dreary. Dark Image Syndrome means only that the camera body won't work well with modern lenses; the body no longer has the ability to set the aperture, but the lens can still do it, so body is still entirely usable with any lens having an aperture ring.
06-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 6 (100%)
Original Poster
Sale pending